Xcode6 compile issue

Hey everybody,

Im unable to build openframework on my mac with Xcode6 preview 4 I just want to build the mac version currently. Im also using OS X 10.10 preview 4.

I get the following compile errors:

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
"_FT_Done_FreeType", referenced from:
  ofTrueTypeFont::finishLibraries() in openFrameworksDebug.a(ofTrueTypeFont.o)
"_FreeImage_Initialise", referenced from:
  ofInitFreeImage(bool) in openFrameworksDebug.a(ofImage.o)
"_FreeImage_DeInitialise", referenced from:
  ofInitFreeImage(bool) in openFrameworksDebug.a(ofImage.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Any help would be great
Thanks a lot
regards

Sounds like an issue the team should investigate, please file an issue on GitHub. In the interim, are you able to use Xcode 5.1.1 on Yosemite for your needs?

Hey thanks for your post. Unfortunately I’m unable to use it except I uninstall xcode 6 and reinstall the latest Xcode 5 version. Currently its not such an big deal if it is not working correctly I can still wait a little because my project is on ice right now… but I wanna come back soon of course. I tired also the latest github version and I only got than 3 issues instead of the previous 4 so it seems one is already fixed :smiley:

Thank you
regards

Opened an issue for this: https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/issues/3098

This should be fixed now with the latest master off github (9591ebabc7e8706585eb9a42c3c910a20e117f24)

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help it fixed the issue. Is it also included into the latest build which are available in the download section of OF? Or currently only in the github version?

Thanks anyway!!!
Great work, Happy to die :smiley:
regards

Yeah it’ll only be on github, but the fix is pretty simple to apply if you want to keep using the downloaded openFrameworks.

Just replace the file libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/osx/CoreOF.xcconfig with the current CoreOF.xcconfig on the github master

1 Like

Hey,

Thanks a lot I checked yesterday already the change request and commit so I discovered it already :D. Thanks for your great and fast responds! Take good care und have a nice day
regards
Georg