xcode template

I was wondering if there was some reason there isn’t a Project Template for OF. We’ve made many such templates in the past for XCode. It’s not all that bad copying the _EmptyExample and working from there, but we could very easily do the same thing with a Project Template.

If you don’t know how this works, look in /Developer/Library/XCode/Project Templates/ which is where the installer would have to drop it in. This of course requires the template to know where the OF libraries are, and this might be one of the reasons why no such feature exists yet. But I don’t see why we couldn’t start moving in this direction. Maybe not just a priority yet. I could start working on it, but I’d have to understand better the answer to above issue concerning where things are supposed to be installed.

Anyway, it would be cool to be able to choose FILE > NEW PROJECT > OPENFRAMEWORKS Project.

I think this would be a great help along with a SimpleApp, appGlutGlue and AppGLV template. Also when OF is ready to be built I think it should also be built into an executable framework.
http://developer.apple.com/documentatio-…-works.html
I have openCV running like that and it is great. I just drag the framework in to the frameworks folder, #include <OpenCV/OpenCV.h>, add a copy frameworks build phase and its done.

Ding