Xcode Opencv error

hello everyone got a funny error when installing opencv. I added libraries corrently and Im running xcode 2.4.1 im on a powerbook g4.

Building target “openFrameworks” of project “openFrameworks” with configuration “Release” — (6 errors, 4 warnings)  
	    cd "/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV"  
    /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -x c++ -arch ppc -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -fasm-blocks -Os -fmessage-length=0 -mtune=G4 -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -I/Users/todd/Desktop/Open\ Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/build/openFrameworks.build/Release/openFrameworks.build/openFrameworks.hmap -mdynamic-no-pic -F/Users/todd/Desktop/Open\ Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/build/Release -I/Users/todd/Desktop/Open\ Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/build/Release/include -I/Users/todd/Desktop/Open\ Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/build/openFrameworks.build/Release/openFrameworks.build/DerivedSources -Wall -D__MACOSX_CORE__ -lpthread -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -include /Library/Caches/com.apple.Xcode.501/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/Carbon-hhjelfmsaufqevhjqirtftmysqpb/Carbon.h -c /Users/todd/Desktop/Open\ Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/src/main.cpp -o /Users/todd/Desktop/Open\ Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/build/openFrameworks.build/Release/openFrameworks.build/Objects-normal/ppc/main.o  
In file included from /Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/src/main.cpp:2:  
/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/src/testApp.h:5:22: error: ofCvMain.h: No such file or directory  
/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/../../libs/openFrameworks/app/ofSimpleApp.h:7: warning: 'class ofSimpleApp' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor  
/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/src/testApp.h:22: error: 'ofCvGrayscaleImage' does not name a type  
/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/src/testApp.h:23: error: 'ofCvGrayscaleImage' does not name a type  
/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/src/testApp.h:24: error: 'ofCvGrayscaleImage' does not name a type  
/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/src/testApp.h:25: error: 'ofCvColorImage' does not name a type  
/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/src/testApp.h:27: error: 'ofCvContourFinder' does not name a type  
/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/src/testApp.h:7: warning: 'class testApp' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor  
/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofQtUtils.h:47: warning: 'theDesc' defined but not used  
/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofQtUtils.h:48: warning: 'sgCompID' defined but not used  
		In file included from /Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/src/main.cpp:2:  
			/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/src/testApp.h:5:22: error: ofCvMain.h: No such file or directory  
		/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/../../libs/openFrameworks/app/ofSimpleApp.h:7: warning: 'class ofSimpleApp' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor  
		/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/src/testApp.h:22: error: 'ofCvGrayscaleImage' does not name a type  
		/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/src/testApp.h:23: error: 'ofCvGrayscaleImage' does not name a type  
		/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/src/testApp.h:24: error: 'ofCvGrayscaleImage' does not name a type  
		/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/src/testApp.h:25: error: 'ofCvColorImage' does not name a type  
		/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/src/testApp.h:27: error: 'ofCvContourFinder' does not name a type  
		/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/src/testApp.h:7: warning: 'class testApp' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor  
		/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofQtUtils.h:47: warning: 'theDesc' defined but not used  
		/Users/todd/Desktop/Open Frameworks/v0.02/app/ofopenCV/../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofQtUtils.h:48: warning: 'sgCompID' defined but not used  
Build failed (6 errors, 4 warnings)  

can you check to see that you have included it properly?

the first error:

suggests perhaps a mistake in integrating the addon code, since xcode can’t find ofCvMain.h… Can you check the steps for adding again carefully?

if, after that, you still have that error, can I ask you to post the libs and apps folder (with the project that doesn’t compile)…

thanks!
zach

I guess it was a linking problem. I added the lib a second time and it worked. I also noticed the first time I did it the folders were a blue. The second time I did it they were off white. Not sure what that means but figured I would let everyone know. Thanks for the help.

Hi!

I’m actually having the same error with xcode 3 in Snow Leopard OSX 10.6.8. My version of OF is the 007.

The weird thing is that in the example addon project he does recognize the opencv library, so I’m actually not seeing what I might be doing wrong.

I was reading the book of Joshua Noble “Programming Interactivity” and it doesn’t mention this issue on the chapter he talks about opencv. Actually it says that we should only need to include the file for it to read… but that isn’t happen.

Kind regards,
RN

Hi again since yeasterday!!!

After several hours of trying to understand what was happening and why I wasn’t able to use opecv in an already project I had started I found a recently video from theo in openframeworks vimeo (actually didn’t know how I didn’t see this before it was simply in front of me).

Hope that some of you guys that had the same problem would consider this an answer as I did:

http://vimeo.com/34092591

Thanks!