Xcode apps compile but crash.

Hey guys, I’ve been working on a series of little apps, writing them first in codeblocks (for windows) and then attempting to port to mac with Xcode. Sounds like it should be simple but I’m running into a number of errors or glitches. Write once, debug everywhere as they say.

the main issue, is that everything compiles with no errors. However the compiled app doesn’t actually run. I can see the web cam initialize, then just the spinning pointer and then it crashes. Maybe once every 10 times or so the app launches properly and works as it is supposed to. However, if I try to compile a ‘debug’ version instead of release, it generally works most times. I’m not sure what is different about debug vs release that would make one work but the other die. Even then, the debug apps run most of the time, but sometimes still crash when launched.

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this?

Ha ha!! rarely are my mysterious issues resolved so easily. following some of the advice in of the other posts about video I updated my ofVideograbber and ofQTutils and everything seems to work happily now.