Xcode 7 + Project Generator

Hello brilliant people,

I have Xcode 7 Beta installed and an empty project created by the Project Generator doesn’t compile. The error that I’m getting is the following:

clang: warning: -lpthread: 'linker' input unused
In file included from     /Users/thodoris/Development/Personal/openFrameworks/of_v0.8.4_osx_release/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofURLFileLoader.cpp:3:
In file included from ../../../../libs/poco/include/Poco/Net/HTTPSClientSession.h:44:
In file included from ../../../../libs/poco/include/Poco/Net/Utility.h:44:
In file included from ../../../../libs/poco/include/Poco/Net/Context.h:45:
In file included from ../../../../libs/poco/include/Poco/Crypto/X509Certificate.h:44:
../../../../libs/poco/include/Poco/Crypto/OpenSSLInitializer.h:45:10: fatal error: 'openssl/opensslconf.h' file not found
#include <openssl/opensslconf.h>
^
1 error generated.

Can anyone else build on Xcode 7 beta?

Does the same issue occur with the master branch? If not, it is definitely something we will need to resolve before the OF-0.9.0 release.

OpenSSL was deprecated in OS X 10.7 and OS X 10.11 removed the headers entirely. The Apple-suggested workaround is to either include a copy of OpenSSL (for explicit binary compatibility) or to migrate to a native OS X API like Secure Transport.

For discussion why OpenSSL was deprecated and removed, please see:
http://lists.apple.com/archives/macnetworkprog/2015/Jun/msg00025.html

@pizthewiz so I tried it again, this time by downloading the latest master from Github and I know get the following error:

/Users/thodoris/Development/Personal/openFrameworks/openFrameworks/apps/devApps/VboExample/src/main.cpp:1:
In file included from ../../../libs/openFrameworks/ofMain.h:5:
../../../libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofConstants.h:149:11: fatal error: 'GL/glew.h' file not found
#include "GL/glew.h"
^
1 warning and 1 error generated.

@pizthewiz never mind. I build the projectGenerator and the empty project I created worked just fine. The examples though, fail to run. They throw the error in my previous comment.

Glad to see that the original issue is resolved on master - I believe oF includes openssl headers and binaries now instead of using the system version.

It seems like the VboExample is missing a header search path value or something. How are you generating the example Xcode projects? By default, project files are not generated and included in GitHub (a constant source of confusion) but the nightly builds include the example Xcode projects:
http://192.237.185.151/versions/nightly/of_v20150707_osx_nightly.zip

Just hit this problem with 0.8.4 after upgrading to XCode 7. Can anyone suggest a workaround for compiling old projects?

Aah – found it here. Warning : before upgrading to Xcode 7

To late for me :smile:

This is better: