XCode 4.1 Release Configuration Fails

Hi,

I just updated to Lion and am trying to get OF working again. After reading the forums I have succeeded in getting the examples to run in Debug through Xcode, however when I try and build them as a Release they fail with this error.

Ld /Users/benjamin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/fontsExample-bpvkfjxsrdqbjgakghzrwfyskqns/ArchiveIntermediates/fontsExample/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Users/benjamin/Applications/fontsExample.app/Contents/MacOS/fontsExample normal i386  
    cd /Users/benjamin/Downloads/of_preRelease_v007_osx/apps/examples/fontsExample  
    setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.6  
    /Developer/usr/bin/llvm-g++-4.2 -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk -L/Users/benjamin/Downloads/of_preRelease_v007_osx/apps/examples/fontsExample/bin -F/Users/benjamin/Downloads/of_preRelease_v007_osx/apps/examples/fontsExample/bin -F/Users/benjamin/Downloads/of_preRelease_v007_osx/apps/examples/fontsExample/../../../libs/glut/lib/osx -filelist /Users/benjamin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/fontsExample-bpvkfjxsrdqbjgakghzrwfyskqns/ArchiveIntermediates/fontsExample/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/fontsExample.build/Release/fontsExample.build/Objects-normal/i386/fontsExample.LinkFileList -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -dead_strip ../../../libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoFoundation.a ../../../libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoNet.a ../../../libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoXML.a ../../../libs/poco/lib/osx/PocoUtil.a ../../../libs/tess2/lib/osx/tess2.a ../../../libs/glew/lib/osx/glew.a ../../../libs/cairo/lib/osx/cairo-script-interpreter.a ../../../libs/cairo/lib/osx/cairo.a ../../../libs/cairo/lib/osx/pixman-1.a ../../../libs/fmodex/lib/osx/libfmodex.dylib ../../../libs/rtAudio/lib/osx/rtAudio.a -framework GLUT /Users/benjamin/Downloads/of_preRelease_v007_osx/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/osx/openFrameworks.a -framework AGL -framework ApplicationServices -framework AudioToolbox -framework Carbon -framework CoreAudio -framework CoreFoundation -framework CoreServices -framework OpenGL -framework QuickTime -framework AppKit -framework Cocoa -framework IOKit -o /Users/benjamin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/fontsExample-bpvkfjxsrdqbjgakghzrwfyskqns/ArchiveIntermediates/fontsExample/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Users/benjamin/Applications/fontsExample.app/Contents/MacOS/fontsExample  

**Command /Developer/usr/bin/llvm-g+±4.2 failed with exit code 1 **

Has anyone else experienced this? Or have some advice on how to fix it?

I’m experiencing the same problems, any chance you got it working?

A friend suggested deleting the build schemes and then auto generating them again. Have not tried as I have been using cinder instead. It is working better for me at the moment. Let me know if you figure it out though I would be keen to know.

Thanks for the tip,
in the end it turned out as simple as changing the build settings’ architecture to OS 10.6
for both the openFrameworksLib.xcodeproj and the project.xcodeproj.

Hopefully this works for you as well!