Xcode 3.2.4 - OF Git hub - can't compile?

Hi guys - I’ve just moved to mac development so excuse the newbie questions.

I’m trying to get restarted on OF on a mac - using xcode 3.2.4 and snow leopard.

I try and compile any example and the error is - error: There is no SDK with the name or path ‘/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk’

I’ve read the forums and I know I need to change the SDK to 10.6 but I don’t get the option to change the SDK from the drop down menu. I’ve gone into the project settings and changed the base SDK to 10.6 but it didn’t change anything.

Anyone have any advice?

cheers
Sermad

Did you get it going?

I’m having the same issue. I can’t compile any of the OF examples that I pulled from Git Hub. Running xCode 3.2.4. I installed the 10.4 sdk and that got rid of this error (error: There is no SDK with the name or path ‘/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk’), but presents me with a new error that GCC 4.2 is not compatible with sdk 10.4. I’ve set the sdk to 10.6 even and it seems to have no effect. Something is looking for the 10.4 sdk that I can’t find in any of the settings.

what i’ve been changing is:

• architectures to “native architecture of build machine”
  • base sdk to “current mac os”

i have to do this not only for “project info”, but also in the “target info” for the target app. if i just change the project it doesn’t fix things.

hi all !

i’ve found the same problem … in osx 10.6.4 and Xcode 3.2.3 about “There is no SDK with the name or path ‘/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk’”

I think that we were missing to change also the Project Settings from Openframeworks Lib project + the application itself project . So if you change the architecture to “Native Architectures” and Base SDK to “Current MAC OS” … (remember on Openframeworks libs project + application project!! )

this worked for me … i’ve been able to compile OF examples from GitHub in Xcode 3.2.3 under 10.6.4 osx.

e*

Just changing the ‘Base SDK’ to ‘Current OS’ or ‘10.5’ under Target Info should be enough. CMD+ALT+E. THe important thing is to make sure that you have ‘All Configurations’ selected too. And you will need to do this to the openframeworks project too if that is not already compiled (which it wont be when you start afresh). So from the project tree on the left, open the openframeworks folder, and double click on the openframeworks xcode project to open the oflib project and do the same for that.

What has changed between OF 0061 and version 0062 / Github ? I can only run the examples of the 0061 distribution.

The suggestions above didn’t work for me. I keep getting tons of errors (>3000).

My system:
Xcode 3.2.4 / Xcode 3.2.5

Do I miss something?

did you try the solutions described in this forum post?
http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/[solved]-xcode-compilation-problems-roundup-and-solutions/5052/0

hope it helps