XCode 10.0 build errors

Has anyone found a way to run OF on XCode 10 yet?

What errors do you have?

In my case, I got a link error related to QuickTime. I removed this part:
“-framework QuickTime -framework QTKit”
from “of_v0.10.0_osx_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/osx/CoreOF.xcconfig”
and got no link error any more.

6 Likes

That worked for me as well.

Thank you!

I am just running a clean High Sierra with last Xcode. OF 0.10.0
I am getting the Xcode error:

32-bit macOS targets are not longer supported
This project contains the targets emptyExample and openFrameworks configured to build 32-bit architectures. Xcode requires that macOS targets support 64-bit architectures.

I don’t how to edit target / schemes to delete the 32-bit builds…

EDIT:

2 Likes

You need to edit build settings in both yout .xcodeproj files (project file and openFrameworksLib file)

Set both architectures to standard 64 bit, and remove “i386” from valid architectures.

Also you need to see jaeho’s post about removing the link til QuickTime.

See attached screenshots from my xcode project files.

3 Likes
1 Like

Thanks guys… this works like a charm…

Just moved to mac (and XCode 10.4 if I am not mistaken) and had the same issue. It was quite easy to fix (thanks to you guys…, thanks again) on my (client) side. Hope it is easy to implement a fix on your (development) side too and will be OK in the next release.

One more time…, thanks for all the support.

Best,

Achilles.

Thank you guys. It was really helpful.
By the way, is it safe to just remove Quicktime from my project?
Doesn’t OF use this framework?

no we don’t use quicktime since some years ago, it’s been there for a while in case people wanted to use older versions but it’s not been supported with latest versions of macos/xcode for a while

also this fixes are already in the nightly builds if you prefer to use that instead of fixing it yourself

2 Likes

@arturo Thank you so much Sir.

Hi, I’m having the same issue… But in my case there’s not this file libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/osx/CoreOF.xcconfig
How can I fix it? I’m trying to run “EmptyExample” too.
Thanks