window bigger than screen in of v0.8.0 and vertical sync

Hi OF people,

I’ve noticed that with the new windowing system in v0.8.0 is not possible to set a window bigger than the resolution of the detected desktop (at least in Windows with CB). If the desktop is set to 1366x768 for example, trying to set a window bigger than 1366x768 does not take any effect. Does anybody know a workaround of this feature?

I have also some vertical sync issues in full screen mode. In previous versions of OF I detected that I could solve such issues using OF_WINDOW mode instead of OF_FULLSCREEN and then setting ofSetWindowShape(1366,768) (for this desktop res) and ofSetWindowPosition(0,0) to hide the frame of the window. If I do this in v0.8.0 the width of the window is ok but the height is smaller than 768 and the low edge of the window is visible above the desktop background.

1 Like

Not sure this is belongs in the advanced forum but, I just set my screen for 1920x1080 and it worked fine. Of course the window sized to my desktop size but if my display was larger…

For your other issue… I use OF_WINDOW and then ofToggleFullscreen() in my setup to push to fullscreen. I haven’t had any issues running vsync on mac but, on windows I disable it as you can do that on most video cards including the onboard intel ones.

Surely I have not explained clearly.

In previous versions of OF I could make a multiscreen application by defining a window size.

For example a 1024x768 monitor in a video output and a projector in another output 1024x768, with an extended desktop, I could define a 2048x768 window with position at (0,0), and then all the draws in the range (0,0) - (1024,768) went to the monitor and all the draws in the range (1024,0) - (2048,768) went to the projector.

In OF 0.8 (win7+CB+ATI card) if the projector is not connected, if I define a window of 2048x768 the window size is croped down to 1024x768 (in previous version I could drag the window and see the part supossed to be output by the projector).

Besides, it seems that the borders of the window are taken in account for that limit, and if I define a window of 1024x768 pixels (or bigger) and set its possition at (0,0) it doesn’t fill the screen (there is a visible desktop stripe at the bottom as wide as the title frame on top of the window, and also narrow stripes of a few pixels in the sides).

To sum up, this code:
ofSetWindowShape(1366,768);
ofSetWindowPosition(0,0);

In OF 0.7.3 fills the whole screen (1366x768 desktop) and in OF 0.8 does not.

Is there any way to handle several monitor outputs in fullscreen mode?

OF_FULLSCREEN is doing that more or less, just creating a window of the size of the screen and hidding the decorations. there’s another mode OF_GAME_MODE which actually runs in “real” fullscreen mode and could be slightly faster.

for multimonitor fulscreen you can do in main:

ofAppGLFWWindow window;  
window.setMultiDisplayFullscreen(true);  
ofSetupOpenGL(&window,1024,768,OF_FULLSCREEN);  

Also the old window is still there if you want to use it you can do:

ofAppGlutWindow window;  
ofSetupOpenGL(&window,1024,768,OF_FULLSCREEN);  

i am trying this but get error messages. i am on osx 10.8.5 with OF 0.8.0

“no member named ‘setMultiDisplayFullscreen’ in ofAppBaseWindow”

#include "ofMain.h"  
#include "testApp.h"  

//========================================================================