Very basic question about OF 0.9.0 + QtCreator 3.5.1 on OSX

Hi guys,

I’m a beginner of OF and if possible I love to use QtCreator as IDE rather than Xcode. The problem I have now is that when I try to compile an already-existing OF project, I always encounter the problem as shown at the end.

I’ve changed the default compiler to Clang, as told in the instructions, from GCC and just converted of_v0.9.0_osx_release/examples/3d/3DPrimitivesExample/ into 3DPrimitivesExample.qbs. Actually, I’m also a beginner of QtCreator even though I have some experience on C++ + Emacs. Please give me a hint on how to use QtCreator as an default IDE for OF. I succeeded to compile the project with Xcode. Therefore, I think the development environment I have is working properly.

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
OBJC_CLASS$_QTCaptureDevice”, referenced from:
objc-class-ref in libopenFrameworksDebug.a(ofQTKitGrabber.o)
OBJC_CLASS$_QTCaptureDeviceInput”, referenced from:
OBJC_CLASS$_QTCaptureMovieFileOutput”, referenced from:
OBJC_CLASS$_QTCaptureSession”, referenced from:
OBJC_CLASS$_QTCaptureVideoPreviewOutput”, referenced from:
OBJC_CLASS$_QTKitVideoGrabber in libopenFrameworksDebug.a(ofQTKitGrabber.o)
OBJC_CLASS$_QTCompressionOptions”, referenced from:
OBJC_METACLASS$_QTCaptureVideoPreviewOutput”, referenced from:
OBJC_METACLASS$_QTKitVideoGrabber in libopenFrameworksDebug.a(ofQTKitGrabber.o)
“_QTMediaTypeMuxed”, referenced from:
+[QTKitVideoGrabber listVideoDevices] in libopenFrameworksDebug.a(ofQTKitGrabber.o)
-[QTKitVideoGrabber setVideoDeviceID:] in libopenFrameworksDebug.a(ofQTKitGrabber.o)
ofQTKitGrabber::setVideoDeviceID(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits, std::__1::allocator >) in libopenFrameworksDebug.a(ofQTKitGrabber.o)
“_QTMediaTypeSound”, referenced from:
+[QTKitVideoGrabber listAudioDevices] in libopenFrameworksDebug.a(ofQTKitGrabber.o)
-[QTKitVideoGrabber setAudioDeviceID:] in libopenFrameworksDebug.a(ofQTKitGrabber.o)
+[QTKitVideoGrabber listAudioCodecs] in libopenFrameworksDebug.a(ofQTKitGrabber.o)
-[QTKitVideoGrabber setAudioCodec:] in libopenFrameworksDebug.a(ofQTKitGrabber.o)
ofQTKitGrabber::setAudioDeviceID(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits, std::__1::allocator >) in libopenFrameworksDebug.a(ofQTKitGrabber.o)
“_QTMediaTypeVideo”, referenced from:
+[QTKitVideoGrabber listVideoDevices] in libopenFrameworksDebug.a(ofQTKitGrabber.o)
-[QTKitVideoGrabber setVideoDeviceID:] in libopenFrameworksDebug.a(ofQTKitGrabber.o)
+[QTKitVideoGrabber listVideoCodecs] in libopenFrameworksDebug.a(ofQTKitGrabber.o)
-[QTKitVideoGrabber setVideoCodec:] in libopenFrameworksDebug.a(ofQTKitGrabber.o)
ofQTKitGrabber::setVideoDeviceID(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits, std::__1::allocator >) in libopenFrameworksDebug.a(ofQTKitGrabber.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
Process failed with exit code 1.
The following products could not be built for configuration qtc_Desktop_6edaa6da-debug:
3DPrimitivesExample
Error while building/deploying project 3DPrimitivesExample (kit: Desktop)
When executing step “Qbs Build”

Hello,
Did you find a way to solve that ?
I ran into the very same issue here…

Found the solution, you have to add ‘Qtkit’ in the list of.frameworks of the main .qbs file

Hi thomwolf,

thanks. I’ll give it a try.

Sincerely,
msaitow