vector tutorial?

Hi people out there,

this might sound like a stupid question again, but since I couldn’t find any really easy tutorial for vetors I might just ask again (I’m also one of those people coming from processing background):
I want to make a really simple ArrayList kind of thing. Imagine you would click with your mouse and the position get’s stored in some kind of arrayList-form, which probably has to be a vector. When you hit some your keyboard (let’s say: space), the number of entries for your list will be set. So if you continue clicking with your mouse, the oldest entries will disappear and being rewritten by the new ones. For a visual clue the old clicks will also be more transparent, the new ones completely opaque.
So I don’t want to have an array, cause then I’d need to set the max number beforehand, but I want to decide that after starting the program. That means I need a vector, right?
Maybe someone can help. The vector-examples I found are all using classes and that makes it a lot more complicated than I need it.
(No worries, I just made this example up, 'cause I’m trying to implement it into some other program I’m working on and that’s more complicated to explain, those are just the basic functionalities I need)

we’re going to try and make some tutorials during this next developers conference, so this is an important suggestion. there are a few things you can do with STL (just as there are a few things you can do with java) including vectors, linked lists, maps, and deques.

and yes, for a growable collection where you don’t know the maximum size in advance, you want to use a vector. this is the reference i use most often http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/stl/vector/