Using ofxPoco results into Segmentation fault

I compiled an example using ofxPoco. When I start the example it results in a segmentation fault while creating the glfw window.

Here it breaks:

ofAppGLFWWindow.cpp, Line 231

windowP = glfwCreateWindow(settings.getWidth(), settings.getHeight(), settings.title.c_str(), nullptr, sharedContext);

I’m using arch linux. It happens when compiling with qt creator as well as make.

I have no idea why it happens since the program breaks only by adding the addon to the project and compiling it. I’m even not including ofxPoco in any class.

Any idea?

Yes, I already reported it. So give your thumbs up here:

Rg,

Arnaud

I’m not sure why this is happening exactly. My suggestion would be to try to rebuild Poco using the OF apothecary scripts, but do it on your computer directly rather than using the downloadable binary.

a very recent version of poco is now included in latest debian (as libpoco-dev) and most other distributions so you just need to install it and modify the addon addon_config.mk to use it from the system. The linux64 version should look like:

linux64:
    ADDON_LDFLAGS = -lPocoNetSSL
	ADDON_LDFLAGS += -lPocoNet
	ADDON_LDFLAGS += -lPocoCrypto
	ADDON_LDFLAGS += -lPocoUtil
	ADDON_LDFLAGS += -lPocoXML
	ADDON_LDFLAGS += -lPocoFoundation
	ADDON_LDFLAGS += -lcrypto
	ADDON_LDFLAGS += -lssl

this change will be done by the install_dependencies.sh script in the 0.10.1 release

Great, it works! Thank you both!

I would add that depending on your distribution (mine is Ubuntu 18.04), you may need to apt-get install libpoco-dev before this works.