Using cmake with openframeworks

greetins OF,
i hate to start a conversation this way, but i have been having trouble with the project generator(windows vista sp2 with mingw). but i did realize how similar it is to cmake. so i’d like to see a simple cmake example that uses OF with codeblocks. would that be possible please?

curious can you describe what problems you have with the PG?

greetings zach,
it’s nice to meet you. when i call PG up, i click on addons. when i select something, it just crashes from there. this is on a dell laptop, running windows vista sp2 home edition(not sure if it’s 32 or 64bit. it claims to be 64). i use mingw32 for the compiler, not tdm-gcc. this happens with version 084 as well. however, it(PG,both versions) finish just fine when i’m using windows server 2008 sp2 64bit. on windows server, i use tdm-gcc 64. there’s seperate issues there, but that could be the way i have tdm and codeblocks set up. anyways, i think it still be worthwhile to use cmake with openframeworks, i just don’t know the details to doing that yet. thanks zach

could you possibly record a short video of the crashing? when it crashes, is there any sort of error report?
also, could possibly run the glinfo example and post the details of your graphics card?
I’m afraid I don’t know about cmake and OF, but happy to try to solve the PG issues.

hmm. i’m getting “new users cannot upload attachments”. it’s a 40 meg zip file. is there some other way i can get that to you?

I think best is to put it on a serve somewhere, on youtube, dropbox, or some other online file hosting service. I think it would be helpful to get a better sense of what you are seeing. Also, can you run the glInfo example and post the resulting txt file?

thanks,
zach

greetings zach, i just setup dropbox,thanks. also, i tried running glinfo but it won’t compile.

here’s codeblocks response when i call up the workspace file and try to build it:
||=== Build: release in openFrameworksLib (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
…\videoInput\include\videoInput.h|324|warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘long int’ from NULL [-Wconversion-null]|
…\videoInput\include\videoInput.h|325|warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘long int’ from NULL [-Wconversion-null]|
…\videoInput\include\videoInput.h|328|warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘long int’ from NULL [-Wconversion-null]|
…\videoInput\include\videoInput.h|329|warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘long int’ from NULL [-Wconversion-null]|
…\videoInput\include\videoInput.h|324|warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘long int’ from NULL [-Wconversion-null]|
…\videoInput\include\videoInput.h|325|warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘long int’ from NULL [-Wconversion-null]|
…\videoInput\include\videoInput.h|328|warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘long int’ from NULL [-Wconversion-null]|
…\videoInput\include\videoInput.h|329|warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘long int’ from NULL [-Wconversion-null]|
||=== Build: release in glInfoExample (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
…\libs\videoInput\include\videoInput.h|324|warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘long int’ from NULL [-Wconversion-null]|
…\libs\videoInput\include\videoInput.h|325|warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘long int’ from NULL [-Wconversion-null]|
…\libs\videoInput\include\videoInput.h|328|warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘long int’ from NULL [-Wconversion-null]|
…\libs\videoInput\include\videoInput.h|329|warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘long int’ from NULL [-Wconversion-null]|
…\libs\videoInput\include\videoInput.h|324|warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘long int’ from NULL [-Wconversion-null]|
…\libs\videoInput\include\videoInput.h|325|warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘long int’ from NULL [-Wconversion-null]|
…\libs\videoInput\include\videoInput.h|328|warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘long int’ from NULL [-Wconversion-null]|
…\libs\videoInput\include\videoInput.h|329|warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘long int’ from NULL [-Wconversion-null]|
||Warning: .drectve -defaultlib:LIBCMT ' unrecognized| ||Warning: corrupt .drectve at end of def file| ||Warning: .drectve-defaultlib:LIBCMT ’ unrecognized|
||Warning: corrupt .drectve at end of def file|
||Warning: .drectve -defaultlib:LIBCMT ' unrecognized| ||Warning: corrupt .drectve at end of def file| ||Warning: .drectve-defaultlib:LIBCMT ’ unrecognized|
||Warning: .drectve -defaultlib:LIBCMT ' unrecognized| ||Warning: corrupt .drectve at end of def file| ||Warning: .drectve-defaultlib:uuid.lib ’ unrecognized|
||Warning: .drectve -defaultlib:uuid.lib ' unrecognized| ||Warning: .drectve-defaultlib:LIBCMT ’ unrecognized|
||Warning: .drectve -defaultlib:LIBCMT ' unrecognized| ||Warning: corrupt .drectve at end of def file| ||Warning: corrupt .drectve at end of def file| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoNetSSL.a(HTTPSStreamFactory.o):HTTPSStreamFactory.cpp|| undefined reference to__gxx_personality_sj0’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoNetSSL.a(HTTPSStreamFactory.o):HTTPSStreamFactory.cpp|| undefined reference to _Unwind_SjLj_Register'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoNetSSL.a(HTTPSStreamFactory.o):HTTPSStreamFactory.cpp|| undefined reference to_Unwind_SjLj_Unregister’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoNetSSL.a(HTTPSStreamFactory.o):HTTPSStreamFactory.cpp|| undefined reference to _Unwind_SjLj_Resume'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoNetSSL.a(HTTPSStreamFactory.o):HTTPSStreamFactory.cpp|| undefined reference to__gxx_personality_sj0’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoNetSSL.a(HTTPSStreamFactory.o):HTTPSStreamFactory.cpp|| undefined reference to _Unwind_SjLj_Register'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoNetSSL.a(HTTPSStreamFactory.o):HTTPSStreamFactory.cpp|| undefined reference to_Unwind_SjLj_Unregister’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoNetSSL.a(HTTPSStreamFactory.o):HTTPSStreamFactory.cpp|| undefined reference to _Unwind_SjLj_Resume'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoNetSSL.a(HTTPSStreamFactory.o):HTTPSStreamFactory.cpp|| undefined reference to__gxx_personality_sj0’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoNetSSL.a(HTTPSStreamFactory.o):HTTPSStreamFactory.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Resume’|
||=== Build failed: 20 error(s), 41 warning(s) (5 minute(s), 41 second(s)) ===|

for the errors, can you look at mingw –

I think you can have this error when you don’t install with mingw and it finds mingw elsewhere on your drive. especially look at

settings -> compiler -> toolchain executables

I think the PG problem is this:

https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/issues/2580

I will work on a fix, I think it’s a driver issue with VAO support.

• z

ps: it looks like there is a fix already in to OF but the PG is older so doesn’t have that fix, going to look at compiling a new version for you…

you’re awesome zach thanks!