Using addons with openFrameworks on Raspberry Pi

I’m trying to compile a project on a Raspberry Pi with an addon that is in the openFrameworks/addons directory.
I created the addons.make file in the project directory and added ofxOpenCv to the first line.

I then in my ofApp.h file added the include for ofxOpenCv:

#pragma once
#include "ofMain.h"
#include "ofxOpenCv"

class ofApp : public ofBaseApp{

When trying to compile the project with make -j2 -s results in an error relating to not being able to find the ofxOpenCv directory.

Not sure if there is a certain way I need to link the addon to the project.

Any help would be great.

Here is the compilation error:

Compiling Spaces for Release
HOST_OS=Linux
checking pkg-config libraries:   cairo zlib gstreamer-app-1.0 gstreamer-1.0 gstreamer-video-1.0 gstreamer-base-1.0 libudev freetype2 fontconfig sndfile openal openssl libcurl glfw3 rtaudio gtk+-3.0 libmpg123 
with PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=
Compiling /home/pi/openFrameworks/apps/myApps/Spaces/src/main.cpp
Compiling /home/pi/openFrameworks/apps/myApps/Spaces/src/ofApp.cpp
In file included from /home/pi/openFrameworks/apps/myApps/Spaces/src/main.cpp:2:0:
/home/pi/openFrameworks/apps/myApps/Spaces/src/ofApp.h:4:21: fatal error: ofxOpenCv: No such file or directory
 #include "ofxOpenCv"
                     ^
compilation terminated.
/home/pi/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:221: recipe for target 'obj/linuxarmv6l/Release/src/main.o' failed
make[1]: *** [obj/linuxarmv6l/Release/src/main.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
In file included from /home/pi/openFrameworks/apps/myApps/Spaces/src/ofApp.cpp:1:0:
/home/pi/openFrameworks/apps/myApps/Spaces/src/ofApp.h:4:21: fatal error: ofxOpenCv: No such file or directory
 #include "ofxOpenCv"
                     ^
compilation terminated.
/home/pi/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:221: recipe for target 'obj/linuxarmv6l/Release/src/ofApp.o' failed
make[1]: *** [obj/linuxarmv6l/Release/src/ofApp.o] Error 1
/home/pi/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:124: recipe for target 'Release' failed
make: *** [Release] Error 2

Do you have ofxOpenCv on your addons.make file?

Yes. I created the addons.make file and added ofxOpenCv to it. ofxOpenCv is located in openFrameworks/addons

oh I see, you need to #include "ofxOpenCv.h" in your ofApp.h file, you’re missing the .h :slight_smile:

That will be why it can’t find it! Bit silly. Thank you! :slight_smile: