Unicap error?

I’m assuming this error is related to unicap? I don’t think I have it installed, searching for it now, but seems a bit strange:

/Users/base/openframework/of_preRelease_v0.05_xcode_FAT/apps/sphinx/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.h:6:20: error: unicap.h: No such file or directory

This brings up ~140 errors. I’ll download & get that in, but it’s not natively in osx10.4.

my bad…didn’t read through ofVideoGrabber.h

wondering if you could elaborate on how you got this error… OF should compile fine off the bat

take care!
zach

just by compiling, i wanted to move over from 0.05 rc2 to 0.05, so I copied examples/_emptyExample and put my code files in there. I just deleted the refs to UCUtils.h and the other linux video capture stuff and it took care of that, though I still get linker errors on a ton o stuff…wish I knew Xcode or GCC makefile syntax better :frowning:

I think it’s not a good idea to copy one project into another directory… the 0.05 examples should all compile in 0.05 (And the 0.05rc in 0.05rc). I would recommend to only copy src + data folders —

thanks!!
zach

I misrepresented myself there, I just duplicated the _emptyExample so I didn’t “taint” it and then put my .ccp/.h files in the src folder of the new _emptyExample. I just realized the problem was just that I included some extraneous .h files that were just linux related, totally my bad. The _emptyExample compiles fine on it’s own, I just included an extra .h by accident.

oh ok !

thanks for clarifying !

yep there is a linux .cpp file that you shouldn’t include (we don’t include it by default), but we will try to do something better next time so that the accident happens less (like some platform #ifdef magic). you are not the only for which that has happened – it’s a product of adding the new video library in 0.05 for linux folk.

thanks!!
zach