undefined reference to 'EVERYTHING'

Hello,

I’m very new to C++ and Openframeworks.

I’m using openframeworks with Codeblocks in Windows Vista. Up until today, things have been going smoothly. However, suddenly, all of my sketches no longer compile/run, and I get the following errors:

||Warning: .drectve -defaultlib:LIBCMT ' unrecognized| ||Warning: .drectve-defaultlib:OLDNAMES ’ unrecognized|
||Warning: .drectve -defaultlib:LIBCMT ' unrecognized| ||Warning: .drectve-defaultlib:OLDNAMES ’ unrecognized|
||Warning: .drectve -defaultlib:uuid.lib ' unrecognized| ||Warning: .drectve-defaultlib:uuid.lib ’ unrecognized|
||Warning: .drectve /DEFAULTLIB:"LIBC" /DEFAULTLIB:"OLDNAMES" ' unrecognized| obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text+0xe7)||undefined reference toparticle::update()’|
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text+0x127)||undefined reference to `particle::draw()’|
||=== Build finished: 2 errors, 17 warnings ===|

I have checked and double checked that all my includes and files are set up correctly… actually, these are all sketches that were working fine before. But suddenly it seems like the compiler is unable to locate things… or something like that?

If anyone has a clue as to what my issue could be, rock!!

Bryan

greetings – it looks like you are missing “particle.cpp” in your project:

obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text+0xe7)||undefined reference to particle::update()'| obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text+0x127)||undefined reference toparticle::draw()’|

when you see undefined reference, it means that the linker, which takes .o files (object code) and links them together, can’t find the function inside any of the objects it’s got. Typically, this is forgetting to add the .cpp file to the project.

does that help?

take care!
zach

Thanks!