ultra local space location...

Hi,

I’m wondering if there’s any available really cheap technologies to locate “agent” in a physical designated space?

So if “agent” are moving I know theirs new positions in the physical space.

Light or laser detection is not an option, since agent would emit light depending on their position.

tks

p.s. I asked the question in this forum since it’s not a question about OF or coding, but more about a general technology. Feel free to move if it’s not in the appropriated forum.

Hello plehoux,

Do you mean to detect someone’s movement through a space? Is it in the dark?

Light or laser detection is not an option, since agent would emit light depending on their position.

If it is in the dark, you could use IR lighting combined with an IR filter for a Black and White camera. In that way you can even project into the space without causing a feedback loop. Many installations use this technique. You can see several in the Vimeo on the front page of this whole site.

http://vimeo.com/921725

Best,

JGL

It will indeed be in a dark place with a big dense people crowd so I don’t see your solution as possible way. tks

the idea is that you fill the place with Infrared yourself, i.e. you use IR emitters. Us humans can’t see IR, so the place still looks dark to everybody, but the near IR cameras you use can see perfectly. It looks a bit like the blair witch project. Then you can do background subtraction, blob tracking, optical flow, or whatever suits your fancy as if it was nice and bright in there.

Blair Witch Project is the best description of IR lighting ever. Totally using that from now on :smiley: