Ubuntu, QT Creator, OF 0.9.1 Poco Errors

Hi there.

I would really appreciate some help getting QT Creator to work with Linux, or any IDE for that matter - I saw there is no longer support for Code::Blocks?

Currently after compiling OF, PG and executing the QT template, when I try to run a project I get a lot of errors pertaining to Poco.

It begins with this and goes on for quite a while!

/home/tollie/Development/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofUtils.cpp:841: error: undefined reference to Poco::URI::URI(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)' /home/tollie/Development/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofUtils.cpp:848: error: undefined reference toPoco::URI::setQuery(std::_cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator > const&)’
/home/tollie/Development/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofUtils.cpp:856: error: undefined reference to Poco::URI::toString[abi:cxx11]() const' /home/tollie/Development/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofUtils.cpp:875: error: undefined reference toPoco::URI::toStringabi:cxx11 const’
/home/tollie/Development/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/libopenFrameworksDebug.a(ofImage.o):-1: In function `bool loadImage(ofPixels
&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator >, ofImageLoadSettings const&)’:

after plenty more undefined reference errors it ends with:

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
error: Process failed with exit code 1.
error: The following products could not be built for configuration qtc_Desktop_314e36ab-debug:
01_simpleColorQuad

Let me know if I should post the rest of the errors. Really not sure whats going on but I would like to understand because at the moment I’m feeling a bit helpless/useless.

Any comment would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for everyones continued hard work on this project

Leon

Okay cool I fixed it.

Still getting used to this Linux stuff instead of letting OS X handle computing life for me!

My problem was that I updated Ubuntu OS/updated the Kernel and that changed (or did something to) the gcc compiler, which in turn meant dependencies (in particular POCO) needed to be reinstalled.

Now its all good.

Thanks for reading I’m sure you would of helped out nonetheless,

Leon