Following instructions are hosted on my gist account also.
I can compile the polygon and opencv examples successfully after the issues.
Now everything works fine. Enabling overclock makes compiling process faster btw.
Ubuntu Mate Raspberry Pi Setup on RPI-2 board##
Download ubuntu RPI image
Use Etcher freeware to burn image to SD Card
Attach SD Card to rPi, connect keyboard, mouse and display to rPi for the first run and power up RPI
Follow the instructions and create user (pi) and password (raspberry)
When desktop interface starts, open up Terminal and edit raspi-config to enable following commands;
- Change Boot Options to the Command Line
- Change Interfacing Options to enable SSH
- Change Memory Split option to 64 M from Advanced Options
- Change GL Driver option to 3rd one to disable GL Driver from Advanced Options
- Save, exit & reboot
Login to “pi” user
Download nightly build oF arm7 version
- Make oF directory
- Upack the content into this oF directory
tar vxfz of_v20170714_linuxarmv7l_nightly.tar.gz -C of_v20170714_linuxarmv7l_nightly --strip-components 1
- Run dependencies scripts. I get bunch of issues in this section. If you have it also, read the the following fixes and redo the dependencies installation
ISSUE 1: When installing dependencies I got error libgl1-mesa-dev-hwe-16.0.4
installing OF dependencies with -hwe-16.04 packages, confirm Y/N ?
Just type N to fix this issue 1
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/) is another process using it?
ref. & fix: https://askubuntu.com/questions/15433/unable-to-lock-the-administration-directory-var-lib-dpkg-is-another-process
to fix the issue run the following commands;
sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/lock
sudo rm /var/cache/apt/archives/lock
sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/lock
- If everything goes fine, run codec installation scripts
- Set your make flags in your .bash_profile
sudo nano ~/.bash_profile
add the following Line (MAKEFLAGS=-j2 not -j4 because of ISSUE 3 see below)
export MAKEFLAGS=-j2 PLATFORM_ARCH=armv7l PLATFORM_VARIANT=raspberry2
- cd /home/pi/of_v20170714_linuxarmv7l_nightly/examples/graphics/polygonExample
I got the following error;
virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory
ref. & fix:
And recompile again if it fails again then recompile again…I can compile the example at the 2nd try