Ubuntu 9.05 problem compiling Debug OF Library

trying to ./install_dependencies.sh I get the following error

echo "compiling objects"   
compiling objects  
echo obj/Debug/../../../openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.o | sed "s/obj\\/Debug\\///" | sed "s/\.o/\.cpp/"   
../../../openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp  
mkdir -p obj/Debug/../../../openFrameworks/video  
g++ -g -Wall -fexceptions -I../../../FreeImage/include -I../../../fmodex/include -I../../../freetype/include -I../../../freetype/include/freetype2 -I../../../freetype/include/freetype2/freetype -I../../../freetype/include/freetype2/freetype/config -I../../../glee/include -I../../../gstappsink/include -I../../../gstappsink/include/gst -I../../../gstappsink/include/gst/app -I../../../poco/include -I../../../poco/include/CppUnit -I../../../poco/include/Poco -I../../../poco/include/Poco/Dynamic -I../../../poco/include/Poco/DOM -I../../../poco/include/Poco/Util -I../../../poco/include/Poco/SAX -I../../../poco/include/Poco/Net -I../../../poco/include/Poco/XML -I../../../rtAudio/include -I../../../unicap/include -I../../../openFrameworks/ -I../../../openFrameworks/utils -I../../../openFrameworks/events -I../../../openFrameworks/app -I../../../openFrameworks/video -I../../../openFrameworks/graphics -I../../../openFrameworks/sound -I../../../openFrameworks/communication `pkg-config  gstreamer-0.10 gstreamer-video-0.10 gstreamer-base-0.10 libudev libavcodec libavformat libavutil --cflags`  -MMD -MP -MF `echo obj/Debug/../../../openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.o | sed "s/obj\\/Debug\\///" | sed "s/\.o/\.d/"` -o obj/Debug/../../../openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.o -c `echo obj/Debug/../../../openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.o | sed "s/obj\\/Debug\\///" | sed "s/\.o/\.cpp/"`  
In file included from ../../../openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:3:  
../../../gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:106: Fehler: ISO-C++ verbietet Deklaration von »GstBufferList« ohne Typ  
../../../gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:106: Fehler: expected »;« before »*« token  
../../../gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:107: Fehler: ISO-C++ verbietet Deklaration von »GstBufferList« ohne Typ  
../../../gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:107: Fehler: expected »;« before »*« token  
../../../gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:131: Fehler: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before »*« token  
make: *** [obj/Debug/../../../openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.o] Fehler 1  
there has been a problem compiling Debug OF library  
please report this problem in the forums  

any idea ?

Thanx and greetings from Berlin

Benedikt

yes, the gstreamer version needed by 0061 is newer than that in hardy, it can be solved pretty easily just by installing the last gstreamer version from:

https://launchpad.net/~gstreamer-develo-…-rchive/ppa

[quote author=“arturo”]yes, the gstreamer version needed by 0061 is newer than that in hardy, it can be solved pretty easily just by installing the last gstreamer version from:

https://launchpad.net/~gstreamer-develo-…-rchive/ppa[/quote]

Thanx for letting me know ! I’m currently wrestling with a fresh Karmic install , but unfortunately things turn out to difficult a little … can I hope for a passing through with OF | codeblocks | dependencies on a fresh karmic install?

Benedikt

yes in it karmic should work without problem

well when try compiling a debug built in codeblocks I receive this notification:

Found following issues with libraries:

Didn’t found configuration for libraries:
* gstreamer-0.10 * gstreamer-base-0.10 * gstreamer-video-0.10 * libudev
Would you like to go to detection dialog ?

Trying to do a scan like suggested it doesn’t find anything - ? :expressionless:

Any idea?

Bene

hi,

just do a

sudo apt-get install libudev-dev libdrm-dev gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg  

then it should work!

@arturo: i have a commit to fix this problem on github, are you interested?

ben

yes sure, what’s your github url? it should be solved in 0061 but don’t know why it doesn’t work for some people.

i sent you a pull request on github, hope this works, never tried that before. if not here is the commit: http://github.com/benben/openFrameworks-…-e02e7c5db7

[quote author=“benben”]hi,

just do a

sudo apt-get install libudev-dev libdrm-dev gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg  

then it should work!

@arturo: i have a commit to fix this problem on github, are you interested?

ben[/quote]

Gesagt Getan - that’s what I get after installing the missing libraries - seems there is still more to fetch -

Didn't found configuration for libraries:  
  * libformat  * libutil  
Would you like to go to detection dialog ?  

any idea?

Thanx !

Bene

ok, we’re missing something here :slight_smile:

i found that in the forum: http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/problem-while-running-dependencies/3295/5

so i think there are problems with the “old” projectfiles.

try to clone the more recent openframeworks with

git clone git://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks.git  

if you don’t have git already, install it with

sudo apt-get install git-core  

if you cloned it, try to run an example from there.

ben

[quote author=“benben”]ok, we’re missing something here :frowning:

Which one is supposed to be “master” ? Which one is the most recent?

sorry, I forgot to say that you have to run the ./install_dependencies.sh from this clone too because you have to compile openframeworks first before you can run any example.

no matter ! Seems to work now !!

great! have fun with oF! :smiley:

hey, as benben says it seems you had an old package, there was a problem in the first version just after releasing 0061 but was solved later and the downloadable package is correct now. just in case you prefer to use the download instead of the bigger version from git that has all the files for all the platforms

HI, just compiled OF from github clone on debian syd. I got this error “Debug OF library” error and report it. here is the console output while compiling.
"
checking pkg-config libraries: cairo zlib gstreamer-app-0.10 gstreamer-0.10 gstreamer-video-0.10 gstreamer-base-0.10 libudev freetype2 fontconfig sndfile openal openssl libpulse-simple alsa gl glu glew gtk±2.0 libmpg123
checking pkg-config libraries: cairo zlib gstreamer-app-0.10 gstreamer-0.10 gstreamer-video-0.10 gstreamer-base-0.10 libudev freetype2 fontconfig sndfile openal openssl libpulse-simple alsa gl glu glew gtk±2.0 libmpg123
Compiling …/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofTrueTypeFont.cpp
g++ -g3 -Wall -march=native -mtune=native -DOF_USING_GTK -DOF_USING_MPG123 -pthread -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/include/gstreamer-0.10 -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/alsa -I/usr/include/GL -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0/ -I/usr/include/harfbuzz -I…/…/…/libs/cairo/include -I…/…/…/libs/cairo/include/pixman-1 -I…/…/…/libs/cairo/include/libpng15 -I…/…/…/libs/cairo/include/cairo -I…/…/…/libs/fmodex/include -I…/…/…/libs/glfw/include -I…/…/…/libs/glfw/include/GLFW -I…/…/…/libs/kiss/include -I…/…/…/libs/openssl/include -I…/…/…/libs/openssl/include/openssl -I…/…/…/libs/poco/include -I…/…/…/libs/rtAudio/include -I…/…/…/libs/tess2/include -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/graphics -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/gl -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/3d -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/sound -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/video -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/events -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/communication -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/math -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/utils -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/app -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/types -DDEBUG -MMD -MP -MF …/…/…/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofTrueTypeFont.d -MT…/…/…/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofTrueTypeFont.o -o …/…/…/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofTrueTypeFont.o -c …/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofTrueTypeFont.cpp
there has been a problem compiling Debug OF library
please report this problem in the forums
"
Thanks