Ubuntu 64bit Glew issues errors

Hey guys,

I am running Ubuntu 12.10 64bit using Codeblocks but mostly just editting the project file to get an existing project to build.

Trying to get one of Pierre’s old addons to work, so far everything has been dandy, just patching up missing and moved files and dependencies. However I’m stuck on getting the Glew errors to go away. Here are the glew errors I am getting

ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0x677): undefined reference to `__glewGenRenderbuffers'  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0x686): undefined reference to `__glewBindRenderbuffer'  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0x6a2): undefined reference to `__glewRenderbufferStorageMultisample'  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0x6b8): undefined reference to `__glewFramebufferRenderbuffer'  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0x6e8): undefined reference to `__glewRenderbufferStorage'  
    obj/Release/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofFbo.o: In function `ofFbo::createAndAttachDepthStencilTexture(unsigned int, int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)':  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0x766): undefined reference to `__glewFramebufferTexture2D'  
    obj/Release/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofFbo.o: In function `ofFbo::begin(bool)':  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0x815): undefined reference to `ofGLRenderer::setCurrentFBO(ofFbo*)'  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0x8d4): undefined reference to `__glewBindFramebuffer'  
    obj/Release/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofFbo.o: In function `ofFbo::end()':  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0x9e7): undefined reference to `__glewBindFramebuffer'  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0xa4a): undefined reference to `ofGLRenderer::setCurrentFBO(ofFbo*)'  
    obj/Release/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofFbo.o: In function `ofFbo::bind()':  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0xb73): undefined reference to `__glewBindFramebuffer'  
    obj/Release/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofFbo.o: In function `ofFbo::unbind()':  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0xbaa): undefined reference to `__glewBindFramebuffer'  
    obj/Release/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofFbo.o: In function `ofFbo::updateTexture(int)':  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0xe01): undefined reference to `__glewBindFramebuffer'  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0xe0f): undefined reference to `__glewBindFramebuffer'  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0xe4a): undefined reference to `__glewBlitFramebuffer'  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0xe58): undefined reference to `__glewBindFramebuffer'  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0xe66): undefined reference to `__glewBindFramebuffer'  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0xe74): undefined reference to `__glewBindFramebuffer'  
    obj/Release/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofFbo.o: In function `ofFbo::checkStatus()':  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0x1012): undefined reference to `__glewCheckFramebufferStatus'  
    obj/Release/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofFbo.o: In function `ofFbo::activateAllDrawBuffers()':  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0x1946): undefined reference to `__glewDrawBuffers'  
    obj/Release/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofFbo.o: In function `ofFbo::setActiveDrawBuffers(std::vector<int, std::allocator<int> > const&)':  
    ofFbo.cpp:(.text+0x1b9c): undefined reference to `__glewDrawBuffers'  
    Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)  
    50 errors, 0 warnings  

I have tried adding a library, stolen from the /libs/glew/lib/macos/ folder however that didn’t work and neither did my attempt at adding in the header files for linux. All of my attempts can be seen below.

<Add library="glew" />  
                            <Add directory="../../../libs/glew/lib" />  

<Unit filename="../../../libs/glew/include/GL/glew.h">  
                            <Option virtualFolder="libs/glew/include/GL/" />  
                    </Unit>  

<!--            <Unit filename="../../../libs/glew/include/GL/glxew.h">  
                    </Unit>  

<Unit filename="../../../libs/glew/include/GL/wglew.h">  
                    </Unit>  
    !-->  

I also ensured that sudo apt-get install libglew1.8 and libglew-dev were installed but still can’t get these errors to go away.

Anybody else encountered this? Could be an issue with old addons in newer OF releases

Edit: Having similiar issues with FreeImage, there seems to be libraries for all other OSes but linux. Am I supposed to just use the header file? Because that doesn’t seem to work.