Trying to create a new project.

So I downloaded the finger detector mod: http://www.openframeworks.cc/gallery/secret-powers

And Im trying to build and run the app. I keep getting "fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘ofMain.h’: No such file or directory.

Obviously, I have made some horrid beginners mistake and it is costing my hair volume to decrease significantly. So, this is my project folder

d:\openframeworks\of_prerelease_v0061_vs2008_fat\apps\examples\fingerdetectorexample
|

• obj
    |
  • src (All src for finger detector is in here)

I have added the openFrameworks project to this one as is done in the other working examples.

I have checked all Additional Include Directories and they match between working and my not working project. What am I doing wrong?

PS: I cannot find anywhere where the example projects have any concrete connection to the OF lib, except that they all have the OF project as a sibling but that apparently is not enough. I have a sneaking suspicions that if I could find this connection I would solve my mystery. However I do not even know how to begin to search for a solution as I have no Idea what the link would be called.

Thanks in advance.

So I found this, http://github.com/openframeworks/openFr-…-dme.vs2008

Is this really necessary to create a new project with OF? Is there no way to import the library into a existing project for use?

This seems like it must be wrong. Please advise.

Ok, so I found the issue with ofmain.h (it was Additional Include Directories Doh!) however I have anouther problem. Im getting
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ‘PocoFoundationd.lib’
whenever I try to build the project. I have looked in the Poco lib inside of OF but do not see this lib anywhere. Anyone have any clues for me on why this is happening?

It’s easier to copy the allAddonsExample and rename it :o

Looking through the vs forum, it seems this is a rather common problem with no actual solutions. People have created scripts to make the copy pasta easier but it is still just doing the same thing. However I am not content with just getting it to work. Being new and learning, I know that if I just take shortcuts, I will just create crutches to lean on in the future so I am determined to figure out this issue. I will get this get this finger detector script to run without copy pasta if it kills me :smiley: )