Trouble installing on Arch

I’ve run into quite a bit of trouble getting OF set up. I’ve downloaded of_v0.11.0 from the AUR, and on running makepkg, a rather verbose output ends in failure.

-> Building OF Project Generator tool...
Compiling OF library for Release
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/lucifer/packages/openframeworks/src/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project'
Done!
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/lucifer/packages/openframeworks/src/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project'

Compiling projectGenerator for Release
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/lucifer/packages/openframeworks/src/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/apps/projectGenerator/commandLine'
/home/lucifer/packages/openframeworks/src/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/config.addons.mk:210: *** missing separator.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/lucifer/packages/openframeworks/src/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/apps/projectGenerator/commandLine'
make: *** [/home/lucifer/packages/openframeworks/src/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:129: Release] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

This seems to be the main issue here, but there’s hundreds of lines of notes and warnings above this.
I’m not 100% sure if this is just a failure in the project generator, or for the whole thing. Some guidance would be much appreciated.

better just download the nightly vs here and compile from there

nightly build seems to work fine, but the command line projectGenerator doesn’t like building. seems to throw more or less the same error as the normal build:

Compiling projectGenerator for Release
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/lucifer/packages/of_v20200423_linux64gcc6_release/apps/projectGenerator/commandLine'
/home/lucifer/packages/of_v20200423_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/config.addons.mk:210: *** missing separator.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/lucifer/packages/of_v20200423_linux64gcc6_release/apps/projectGenerator/commandLine'
make: *** [/home/lucifer/packages/of_v20200423_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:129: Release] Error 2
make: Leaving directory '/home/lucifer/packages/of_v20200423_linux64gcc6_release/apps/projectGenerator/commandLine'
There has been a problem compiling the command line projectGenerator.
Please report this problem in the forums.

i think someone else came across this issue with the projectGenerator recently but can’t find it now

is there a way to get around using the pg?

well is the easiest way to create projects i havent had issues with that maybe try the normal release?

normal release is hosed too, that was what i tried before going to the AUR. i’ve yet to find a solution to get the PG to work.