Trouble getting ofxTuioWrapper to work

I want to implement TUIO functionality into my app, but am having a lot of trouble getting it to work.

I have downloaded ofxTuioWrapper, then added these files into my CodeBlocks project (win7). Then I find out that ofxTuioWrapper depends on the TUIO files from TUIO.org - so I downloaded the straight C++ implementation and installed it.

Now I am getting the following errors:

src\TUIO\TuioClient.h|37|error: osc/OscReceivedElements.h: No such file or directory|
src\TUIO\TuioClient.h|38|error: osc/OscPrintReceivedElements.h: No such file or directory|
src\TUIO\TuioClient.h|40|error: ip/UdpSocket.h: No such file or directory|
src\TUIO\TuioClient.h|41|error: ip/PacketListener.h: No such file or directory|
src\TUIO\TuioClient.h|62|error: expected class-name before ‘{’ token|
src\TUIO\TuioClient.h|167|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘IpEndpointName’ with no type|

What are these files? They do not come with the TUIO C++ file package, and I can’t find mention of them.

Does anyone know of any good documentation for how to get TUIO functionality set up? I couldn’t find much help in the forum archives …

that is oscpack, you can find it in the ofxOsc addon

Okay, just included ofxOsc into my project. Now I am getting these errors:

C:\Users\Jason\Desktop\of_preRelease_v0062_win_cb_FAT\addons\ofxOsc\src\ofxOscReceiver.h|45|error: OscTypes.h: No such file or directory|
C:\Users\Jason\Desktop\of_preRelease_v0062_win_cb_FAT\addons\ofxOsc\src\ofxOscReceiver.h|46|error: OscPacketListener.h: No such file or directory|
C:\Users\Jason\Desktop\of_preRelease_v0062_win_cb_FAT\addons\ofxOsc\src\ofxOscReceiver.h|47|error: UdpSocket.h: No such file or directory|

I’ve checked, and all three of these files are included in my Linker directories and added to my project. No dice.

tuio uses includes like osc/… or ip/… so you need to setup the search path in your project settings, it’s no enough to have the files in the project. in compiler settings, search paths add:

../../../addons/ofxOsc/libs/oscpack/include  

Got it. I’ve already added that to the search path. That cleared up the errors with finding files in those directories, but now I have different errors (see previous post).

These errors include:
C:\Users\Jason\Desktop\of_preRelease_v0062_win_cb_FAT\addons\ofxOsc\src\ofxOscReceiver.h|45|error: OscTypes.h: No such file or directory|
C:\Users\Jason\Desktop\of_preRelease_v0062_win_cb_FAT\addons\ofxOsc\src\ofxOscReceiver.h|46|error: OscPacketListener.h: No such file or directory|
C:\Users\Jason\Desktop\of_preRelease_v0062_win_cb_FAT\addons\ofxOsc\src\ofxOscReceiver.h|47|error: UdpSocket.h: No such file or directory|

ofxOsc uses the path to where the .h files are so you’ll also need:

../../../addons/ofxOsc/libs/oscpack/include/osc  
../../../addons/ofxOsc/libs/oscpack/include/ip  

Had to put the project on hold for a little bit, but back to it now.

Added those paths to the Linker tab under Search Directories (and made sure that they are added to my project as virtual folders as well), now I am getting an error from addons/ofxOsc/src/ofxOscReceiver.h:

C:\Users\Jason\Desktop\of_preRelease_v0062_win_cb_FAT\addons\ofxOsc\src\ofxOscReceiver.h|47|error: UdpSocket.h: No such file or directory

So, even though the search directories are added and these specific files are in my project as virtual files, the code does not find them. Any ideas?

it’s not in the linker search paths but in the compiler search paths, the linker ones is just for libraries, the compiler is for the includes

Ah, ok. Got that fixed, now I’m getting an error in my TuioClient.h file. I think a better question would be, where should I place the TUIO API’s C++ files?

I placed them into my own src/ folder for my application, then added that to my linker search path, but do I need to have them somewhere else?

Is there a tutorial or documentation on how to do this somewhere? I feel like this is a lot of little details to just add one add-on, so maybe I missed an article someplace?

Sorry, but I have to bump this thread. I’m still getting errors that look suspiciously like the original ones, only this time they are in the TuioClient.h file from the TUIO C++ API files.

src\TUIO\TuioClient.h|37|error: osc/OscReceivedElements.h: No such file or directory|
src\TUIO\TuioClient.h|38|error: osc/OscPrintReceivedElements.h: No such file or directory|
src\TUIO\TuioClient.h|40|error: ip/UdpSocket.h: No such file or directory|
src\TUIO\TuioClient.h|41|error: ip/PacketListener.h: No such file or directory|

I wonder, where does the TUIO C++ API files need to be placed in my code project? They are not bundled with ofxTuioWrapper, so I’m not sure if they are supposed to go in my src folder or in the add-ons. I’ve tried both, but keep getting these errors.

Added the …/…/…/addons/ofxOsc/libs/include/ directory to the compiler settings and got rid of that error.

Then TuioClient.h complained that “TuioBlob” was not declared, and there is no TuioBlob files in the API files I downloaded from TUIO.org. So I commented out the offending lines and got a new error:

addons/ofxTuioWrapper/src/ofxTuioServer.cpp says that UdpServer.h cannot be found. I am unable to locate such a file anywhere in ofxOsc or ofxNetwork. Can someone please shed some light on this?

mmh, what version of ofxTuioWrapper are you using? that seems like an unpublished version of TUIO for the 1.5 specification.

try better this one:

http://www.addons.openframeworks.cc/fil-…-Object.zip

I just removed all mention of ofxOsc and ofxTuioWrapper from my project, then installed the ofxMultitouch and ofxTuioWrapper from the file you just linked to. Immediately, I get the following error in ofxMultitouch.cpp:

C:\Users\Jason\Desktop\of_preRelease_v0062_win_cb_FAT\addons\ofxMultiTouch\src\ofxMultiTouch.cpp|34|error: ofxiPhoneApp.h: No such file or directory|

Also, by the way, I had downloaded ofxTuioWrapper originally from your github: https://github.com/arturoc/ofxTuioWrapper/ . Is it not up to date?

Sorry, but I’ve got to bump this thread again, still haven’t received an answer.

See previous post: the other ofxTuioWrapper you linked to seems to rely on ofxiPhone, but I don’t want to install it - any ideas?

hey, sorry, haven’t had too much time. the version in my repo uses a newer and unpublished version of TUIO. i will try to modify it to work with TUIO 1.4 during the weekend

hi !

i’m trying to run TUIO on OF and so far i managed to get the example running and TUIO objects are identified (using the TUIO simulator and it seems fine) nevertheless i really need to have the multitouch ability…
when i have the ofxmultitouch it asks me for ofxiPhoneApp.h… is there a way to get around this?
thanx!

* )
.r

Do you resolve?
I have similar problem. I want to test “ofxTuioWrappe_ofxMultiTouchObject” on oF 0.07 but i have many problems.
First i try to create the project “ofxTuioClient_ofxMultiTouchObject”. I had many errors and i need to change many path like “#include “…/oscpack/include/osc/OscReceivedElements.h”” instead of “#include “osc/OscReceivedElements.h””. So, finally i have imported:

• ofxMultitouch;
  • ofxMSAInteractiveObject;
  • ofxMultiTouchObject;
  • ofxTuioWrapper;

But i need also to include “ofxIphone”.
I put also that but i have an error in “ofxOpenALSoundPlayer.cpp”:

void ofxOpenALSoundPlayer::vibrate() {   
	SoundEngine_Vibrate();  
}  

"SoundEngine_Vibrate" was not declared in this scope  

So… what i need to do?
After i clearn my project in XCode… i re-build and now i don’t have the same error.
Now i have these error:

/Users/mauro/C++/of_preRelease_v007_osx/apps/myApp/emptyExample1/src/../../../../../../Downloads/ofxTuioWrappe_ofxMultiTouchObject/examples/ofxTuioClient_ofxMultiTouchObject/src/testApp.cpp:126: error: no matching function for call to 'ofxMultiTouchHandler::touchDown(float, float, int, NULL)'  

/Users/mauro/C++/of_preRelease_v007_osx/apps/myApp/emptyExample1/src/../../../../../../Downloads/ofxTuioWrappe_ofxMultiTouchObject/examples/ofxTuioClient_ofxMultiTouchObject/src/testApp.cpp:136: error: no matching function for call to 'ofxMultiTouchHandler::touchUp(float, float, int, NULL)'  

/Users/mauro/C++/of_preRelease_v007_osx/apps/myApp/emptyExample1/src/../../../../../../Downloads/ofxTuioWrappe_ofxMultiTouchObject/examples/ofxTuioClient_ofxMultiTouchObject/src/testApp.cpp:146: error: no matching function for call to 'ofxMultiTouchHandler::touchMoved(float, float, int, NULL)'  

Other stranger thing: now i remove references from “ofxIphone” and i already have the same last error i post… and nothing about “ofxiPhone”. :-\
And… last… this is the third try… during the second i do the same steps… and magically the project was built!! Ahhhhhh, i’m going crazy!!!

hey, if it helps anyone I was just looking at some of the same issues and posted some working OF 007 examples for xcode:
https://github.com/naychrist/ofxTuioClient-ofxMultiTouchObject-example
https://github.com/naychrist/ofxMultiTouchActions-example

dude thanks for putting these together! I’ve been going through these threads trying to track down the right addons. gonna test em out tomorrow on our new touchscreen :slight_smile:

Hrmmm so I’m getting the following error when I try to compile:

ignoring file /Users/Rob/Developer/OpenFrameworks/of_preRelease_v007_osx/apps/Workshop/EmptyProject 2/ofxTuioWrapper/oscpack/lib/linux/liboscpack.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386)

I get several of these and then the build fails. I’m running Xcode 4.2 on OSX Lion, not sure if that has anything to do with it…?