i would like to share a little tool i am using when debugging osc based installations. It is a command line tool which is an osc monitor on the one hand and a sender on the other hand. it is also able to record osc sequences and replay them - can be used e.g. to develop tuio based interactive tables.
- brew tap thomasgeissl/tools
- brew install ofoscdebugger
- listen to incommig OSC messages:
ofOSCDebugger -p 8000
- send an OSC message:
ofOSCDebugger -h localhost -p 8000 -m "/address 0 0.0 zero false"(default: localhost:8000)
- add -i to send an OSC message and then go into the interactive mode to be able to enter a new message and send it to the specified receiver:
ofOSCDebugger -h localhost -p 8000 -m "/address 0 0.0 zero false" -i
- whitespaces in string args has to be written as
ofOSCDebugger -h localhost -p 8000 -m "/address oneStringArg anotherStringArg first---second---third"
- listen to incomig OSC messages and save OSC sequence as json:
ofOSCDebugger -p 8000 -o data.json
- replay an OSC sequence:
ofOSCDebugger -h localhost -p 8000 -j data.json
Its little sister talks midi (https://github.com/thomasgeissl/ofMIDIDebugger). And i think the sender is still not working.
And in case you need to talk to dmx devices and have a daw and an enttec usb interface laying around you could use this little tool.
Feel free to contribute.