tons of "no member in global space" errors

Hey all

I’m working on compiling ofxLibRocket https://github.com/underdoeg/ofxLibRocket . Linux compiles just fine but on OS X I get some strange errors regarding stl.

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring:79:11: No member named 'memcpy' in the global namespace  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Headers/Carbon.h:20:10: In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Headers/Carbon.h:20:  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Headers/CoreServices.h:18:10: In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Headers/CoreServices.h:18:  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/AE.framework/Headers/AE.h:20:10: In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/AE.framework/Headers/AE.h:20:  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/CarbonCore.h:18:10: In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/CarbonCore.h:18:  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CoreFoundation.h:25:10: In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CoreFoundation.h:25:  
/Users/User/programming/openFrameworks/addons/ofxLibRocket/libs/libRocket/include/Rocket/Core/String.h:35:10: In file included from /Users/User/programming/openFrameworks/addons/ofxLibRocket/example/../../../addons/ofxLibRocket/libs/libRocket/include/Rocket/Core/String.h:35:  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/vector:65:10: In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/vector:65:  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/bits/stl_algobase.h:66:10: In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/bits/stl_algobase.h:66:  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring:80:11: No member named 'memmove' in the global namespace  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring:81:11: No member named 'strcpy' in the global namespace  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring:82:11: No member named 'strncpy' in the global namespace  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring:83:11: No member named 'strcat' in the global namespace  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring:84:11: No member named 'strncat' in the global namespace  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring:85:11: No member named 'memcmp' in the global namespace  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring:86:11: No member named 'strcmp' in the global namespace  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring:87:11: No member named 'strcoll' in the global namespace  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring:88:11: No member named 'strncmp' in the global namespace  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring:89:11: No member named 'strxfrm' in the global namespace  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring:90:11: No member named 'strcspn' in the global namespace  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring:91:11: No member named 'strspn' in the global namespace  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring:92:11: No member named 'strtok' in the global namespace  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring:93:11: No member named 'memset' in the global namespace  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring:94:11: No member named 'strerror' in the global namespace  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring:95:11: No member named 'strlen' in the global namespace  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring:97:11: No member named 'memchr' in the global namespace  
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstring:101:12: No matching function for call to 'memchr'  
Too many errors emitted, stopping now  

I think that some files get mixed up, maybe it has something to do with this? http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/carbon.h-precompile-error/2189/0

Any of you have an idea what this might be?

Ok, I found the error. Although it is kind of strange but I had a file called String.h and the compiler confused it with the stl <string.h>. But now I get this:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/fp.h:144:8: Unknown type name 'double_t'; did you mean 'double'?  

How can an include of Carbon go wrong like that?

Ok, I fixed it for now by using an old emptyExample project and not one generated by the project generator…

I’ve had issues with like that before - usually when trying to include a new library. Often a quick fix is to use the HEADER_SEARCH_PATHS and LIBRARY_SEARCH_PATHS in Xcode as opposed to dragging them into Xcode.

ok, thanks., I’ll try that. On the other hand though, I created the first example with a recent version of the project generate simple and ideally I should be able to create addon examples with it and without having to modify the project.