Tinderbox

The single feature that I would like to see in OF is an Xcode OF project creator, like Tindebox in cinder.

Xcode templates exist for OF and they are very useful, but you still have to keep your project in the appropriate directory level wrt OF, whereas with tinderbox you can keep your projects wherever you want to.

I don’t think we necessarily need a tinderbox type app. but i would love a user defined setting in the example project files like OF_PATH

so you could change the location of your OF root folder once then the header paths and such would be specified like $(OF_PATH)/libs

I tried changing this myself in Xcode but ended up with a bunch of linker errors relating to variables not set in the build settings :frowning:

Here is Cinder’s TinderBox modified to work with OpenFrameworks.
I have modified the vs2008 (VC9) project, so it works just fine for windows users.
I have modified vc10 project aswell but i don’t think that will work out-of-the-box, just stick to vs2008. of is vc9 compatible anyway.
If anyone wants to change it to work with osx, please do.

You will need to set a System variable called OF_PATH that points to the root of your openframeworks folder.

http://victamin.googlecode.com/files/TinderBoxOFvs2008.zip

Hi all, so I had a another good crack at getting a portable emptyExample xcode project going using OF_PATH but am stuck on glut.

I grabbed the working emptyExample from github and first added an OF_PATH variable and added this to all paths in the build settings as well as in the cp command inside the script that is run on build.

Then I noticed the openFrameworksCompiled.xcodeProj file and GLUT.framework links were broken. I deleted the *.xcodeProj and added the path to the already compiled file(s) to the build settings.

So far everything worked, just GLUT to go. Not sure of the best way to do this for a framework but the problem I have at the moment is that if I relink the framework - even just deleting and adding the GLUT.framework inside the OF install, if I then clean all targets and try to rebuild I get this error when the app runs:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _glutDragEventFunc  
  Referenced from: /Applications/_of/OpenFrameworks.git/apps/sketches/_emptyExample_glut/bin/emptyExampleDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/emptyExampleDebug  
  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/GLUT.framework/Versions/A/GLUT  

dyld: Symbol not found: _glutDragEventFunc  
  Referenced from: /Applications/_of/OpenFrameworks.git/apps/sketches/_emptyExample_glut/bin/emptyExampleDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/emptyExampleDebug  
  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/GLUT.framework/Versions/A/GLUT  

any advice on how to deal with this? All I want is to be able to easily store my projects and downloaded addons outside of the OF folder, with just one variable to set to point to where it is.

Cheers,
nay.