*** This package doesn't support your platform Error (Raspberry Pi 2)

Hey,

So i got raspberry pi (version 2) the other day and follow the instructions on installing.
Everything went well but when i came to this part of the instruction
Line:
“make Release -C /home/pi/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project”
This error appears:
"
make: Entering directory ‘/home/pi/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project’
HOST_OS=Linux
HOST_ARCH=armv7l
makefileCommon/config.shared.mk:201: *** This package doesn’t support your platform, probably you downloaded the wrong package?. Stop.
make: Leaving directory ‘/home/pi/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project’
"

Has anyone else got this problem?

we did some changes to fix a problem and now the default for rpi 1 and 2 is armv6 but the current version still won’t work well with rpi2. can you try the nightly builds or the release candidate for 0.9.1 from: 0.9.1 Release Candidate 1

1 Like

Hello,

i am facing the same problem.
I downloaded both armv6 and armv7 oF packages from your link above but no luck.
I followed this guide : http://openframeworks.cc/setup/raspberrypi/raspberry-pi-getting-started/

I am on Raspberry Pi 2 with raspbian jessie including latest updates.
Did an install_dependencies.
Did “export MAKEFLAGS=-j4 PLATFORM_VARIANT=rpi2”

Same errors on armv6 and armv7 under oF09 or oF091beta

keeps throwing : “./libs/openFameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/config.shared.mk:215 *** this package doesn’t support your platform”

thanks

can you try without exporting PLATFORM_VARIANT with armv6 from the 0.9.1 package

no. problem persists…

by the way, i am using Raspbian Jessie Lite, i don’t know if it changes anything…

i would try with plain jessie, no idea what’s the difference but armv7 should compile right away with 0.9 and armv6 with 0.9.1 none of them need to specify a variant

ok. i will dig a bit more.

it is not clear which version i should use on rpi2. like you said, i understand i should use armv7 if using 0.9 and armv6 with 0.9.1 ?

thanks

yes that’s it, we were using armv7 with 0.9 but it was problematic because raspbian is compiled for arm6 so from 0.9.1 on we recomend using armv6 when using raspbian

ok. i did a clean install and now it is compiling with armv6 under Raspbian Jessie Lite

thanks

any workaround?

no workaround for me. Juste use armv6 version Witt raspbian on rpi1 and rpi2

I was having the same issue, and 0.9.1 was not working either.
The problem was that config.shared.mk assumes that you have RPI_ROOT defined if using Raspbian, so if you don’t it never recognizes it as such and thus fails.
You can solve it by doing export of RPI_ROOT or by editing config.shared.mk (line 47):

ifdef RPI_ROOT ifeq ($(shell grep ID=raspbian $(RPI_ROOT)/etc/*-release),ID=raspbian) IS_RASPBIAN=1 endif endif

to this:

ifdef RPI_ROOT
    ifeq ($(shell grep ID=raspbian $(RPI_ROOT)/etc/*-release),ID=raspbian)
        IS_RASPBIAN=1
    endif
else
    ifeq ($(shell grep ID=raspbian /etc/*-release),ID=raspbian)
        IS_RASPBIAN=1
    endif
endif
2 Likes

Great @fedelinn, thanks. I was having trouble trying to compile 0.9.1 in RPi 2 as well, but your solution did the trick.

looks like this has been fixed in the 0.9.2 version - out of the box the armv6 package compiles fine on the RPi2, but if you’re using 0.9.1 it looks like you’ll need the modification above.