The i386 architecture is deprecated on XCode

XCODE 10.0(10A255)
Showing Recent Messages
:-1: The i386 architecture is deprecated. You should update your ARCHS build setting to remove the i386 architecture. (in target ‘openFrameworks’)

anyone knows how I can run projects again on XCode?
I just updated to the new xcode and the message above is running.

XCode 10.0 build errors

I’m getting the same issue. I can’t build now.

This is solved now in github and should be working with tomorrow’s nightly builds and in the next release.

also just to note these changes should fix:

it’s removing some things from libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/osx/CoreOF.xcconfig

specifically removing “i386” and “-framework QuickTime”.

I don’t have Xcode 10 installed to test at the moment but will check it shortly.

XCode 10.0 build errors

Thank you ! I downloaded the github files and now it works !!

hi @arturo and @zach
thank you for the support!

i downloaded the new of on github, but am having some other error that i didnt find out how to fix.
below is the message shown only on xcode verson 10.0(10A255):

/Users/user/Desktop/openFrameworks-patch-release/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofConstants.h:179:11: ‘GL/glew.h’ file not found

the version from github needs some extra config, there’s an install from github document in the root folder or docs. The nightly builds though are as easy to install as the normal download and also contain this fix. You can find them in the download page below the normal downloads

working perfectly!
thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Zach. Just tested wit the fix you mentioned. It works, even with OF0.97. Thanks, João

I managed to avoid this issue until today. Downloading the new version of OF solved the problem.
Now to update all of the projects.