Stretch problem in fullscreen

Hi
I’m using openframeworks 9.3 on raspbian. I used this config to set fullscreen for my app:
ofSetupOpenGL(1024, 768, OF_FULLSCREEN);

my problem is when I draw a circle It looks like an oval ! I think because of fullscreen openframeworks stretch the objects in my screen. how can I fix this?

try not setting it to fullscreen there but instead call ofSetFullscreen(true) in the setup.

hello,

this is because the ratio you are drawing to is different than the one you are displaying (your screen)

try to set te window size to a format ratio equivalent to your screen / projector

for example if your screen is 16:9 format then set

ofSetupOpenGL(1280, 720, OF_FULLSCREEN);

or re-compute image size when toggling window size / fullscreen

explanation:
when you use ofSetupOpenGL(1024, 768, OF_FULLSCREEN); OF will create a window with the passed width and height and then stretch it to cover the whole screen. Hence if the passed width and height are at a different aspect ration than the screen the stuff you draw will get stretched either vertically and horizontally.
When you call ofSetFullscreen(true);, OF will check the screen size, resize the window to it and enter fullscreen mode, hence no stretching. Besides this you don’t have to bother when making it full screen on different screens.

Cheers

1 Like