Streaming audio and video between 2 locations

Hey @arturo - just found this project and it’s very exciting. Been working with your ‘video and audio’ example from ofxGstRTP (on Mac/10.9.2 with oF 0.81/gstreamer 1.2.1) and I’m able to compile everything and all seems well there. The problem arises when I initiate a call and I immediately get this after ofGstUtils logs the gstreamer pipeline:
x264 [error]: baseline profile doesn’t support 4:4:4

I searched for this error in conjunction with gstreamer and found this:
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Inconsistent-x264enc-in-1-1-4-td4662072.html

In looking through some gst docs and compared to ofxGstClient::createVideoChannel() where I replaced “RGB” with “I420” per the recommendation in the above link:
// set format for video appsink to rgb
GstCaps * caps = NULL;
caps = gst_caps_new_simple(“video/x-raw”,“format”,G_TYPE_STRING,“I420”/was “RGB”/, NULL);

-but the log of the pipeline string still included “video/x-raw,format=RGB…” so my shot in the dark didn’t seem to have any effect.

I’m really just trying to wrap my head around possible p2p video streaming methods and this project looks very very promising. Thanks in advance for any advice!

-Nick

that error appears some times but the application will still work so if it isn’t working for you it might be something else