Strange Error: ?¿

Hi, I’m compiling on XCode 3.2.6 with OpenFrameworks 0.8.0

I have an app, that was working good, I made some small changes and now it is not working. On the debug window, I found strange warnings and one Bad Exec.

First Build and Run (Clean all Targets):

Running…
Program received signal:  “EXC_BAD_ACCESS”.
sharedlibrary apply-load-rules all
warning: Could not find object file "/openFrameworks/GLUT/OF_CUSTOM_GLUT/libForeground.a(macx_foreground.o)" - no debug information available for "/Users/mcast/Code/GLUT-ToPost/macx_foreground.m".

Cannot access memory at address 0x4

Second Build and Run (No Clean all Targets)

Running…
warning: Could not find object file "/openFrameworks/GLUT/OF_CUSTOM_GLUT/libForeground.a(macx_foreground.o)" - no debug information available for "/Users/mcast/Code/GLUT-ToPost/macx_foreground.m".

Cannot access memory at address 0x70617267

Third Build and Run, The same as the second but withou the memory address.
I don’t get it.

Any ideas?

it’s hard to say without seeing the code. some ideas:

• run in debug and see where the crash is occurring
  • check memory, are you accessing something that doesn’t exist (off by one error, etc)
  • do you have uninitialized variables (which can change every time you run the app)

It could be a linker error, the version of shared libraries you are using are not compiled for your current level of OS. Your XCode is quite old now as well. Is it possible to update them?

Hello Again,

I have add some comments on my code, now the basic interface is loading, basically it does make nothing…but when I hit ‘ESC’ key to finish the App the error come back:

[verbose] ofQTKitGrabber: listing video devices:
[verbose] ofQtKitGrabber: 0 - Built-in iSight
[verbose] ofAppGLFWWindow: key: 256 state: 1
[verbose] ofEvents: OF app is being terminated!

Cannot access memory at address 0x20425355

I think I going to start a new version from scratch… :frowning:

maybe look also for a double free-ing of memory, objects cleaning up a shared pointer, etc. This can happen when you are sharing things across classes and try to delete an object twice.