steady glut compatibility error on openCVexample

I did a fresh clone from latest github repo, running xcode 3.2.3 on snow leopard 10.6.4 ;
Although I’m swiching to gcc 4 for 10.4 sdk , I’m always running into compatibility issues; trying to compile i get this error:

GCC 4.2 is not compatible with the Mac OS X 10.4 SDK (file ofAppGlutWindow.cpp)

I checked switching compiler versions to all possible combinations but do always get the error cited above -

help needed! - Thanx
and greetings from Berlin

Bene

if you change the base sdk to 10.5 does it work?

thanks,
zach

project settings > Base SDK 10.05

…still the same error:

GCC 4.2 is not compatible with the Mac OS X 10.4 SDK (file ofAppGlutWindow.cpp)

Bene

can you do a clean all ? build -> clean -> clean all target and dependencies.

do you still have the same problem?

thanks!
zach

… yes I can - but still the same problem.

Hello,
had this “error”, too:
Be sure to open the openframeworksLib project from within your xcode-project (in the openFrameworks directory) and change that as well.

Regards and greetings to Berlin,
Gestalt

Hi Gestalt,

thanx for letting me know! Tried changing things like you say, but still the same error !

Any idea?

Greetings from Berlin

Bene

Hey Bene,

retried everything here:

I did a fresh clone from latest github repo (master branch), opened opencv example, tried compiling, get error “GCC 4.2 is not compatible with the Mac OS X SDK (file ofAppGlutWindow.cpp)”, changed gcc from system default (GCC 4.2) in both, the openCV example and in openFrameworksLib.xcodeproj, to GCC 4.0. No change to the SDK settings.
Compiles perfect. Same specs (3.2.3 on snow leopard 10.6.4) here.

Tried again on 0062 branch, compiles fine too!

Could you try the same (with a fresh clone again, or I guess a git reset --hard HEAD) once again?

Regards,
Gestalt

OK, thanx for that, now it perfectly works !! Just have to remember to get into the habit of this kind of ritual.

Greetings from Berlin and again:
thank you very much !

Bene