Standalone App Problems

I just finished an xcode 3.2 app that utilizes open frameworks, as well as Theo Watson’s addon for choosing files.

I cleaned/compiled the project in deployment (release) mode, and it runs fine. A bunch of errors of depreciated conversion, but I don’t think that’s my core issue.

However, I can’t seem to get the thing to run as a standalone application outside of its directory. After a couple hours of searching I discovered it might be a thing called ZeroLink, but it seems that feature doesn’t exist in 3.2. Or, at least, I can’t seem to find it.

Could it be that it’s not running because it cannot find the file I am using the addon to locate? I saw the fix further down the page on getting it to find the file within the app, but when I tried to run it I got an error that a bunch of uncalled variables were being used.

Thank you for your time,

DCellucci

when you moved the compiled app, did you also move the data folder ? I can see that as one obvious reason why it wouldn’t work when you move it somewhere else – the app is looking relative to it for files, so if the data folder isn’t there, it may be unhappy.

take care,
zach

Thanks for the help. Taking the Data folder definitely made it run alone on my own computer.

However, when I tried to take it onto my mentor’s laptop (which doesn’t have xcode or OF) the program wouldn’t run…
The laptops are both macbook pros running the newest version of OSX.

Is there anything I can do to get it to run alone on his machine?

Thank you for your time,
DC

I’m also pretty interested in this. I’ve been having problems with the data folder, i’d really like to not have to include the data folder with the app i make. Inside is understandable, but outside just seems a little messy.

Hope i haven’t offended anyone. :slight_smile: