[SOLVED] Openframeworks for android on windows 8

Hi everyone

I’m trying to setup openframeworks for android on my windows (windows 8 pro).
I Followed this tutorial step by step, but after I try to build openframeworks, i get the following errors in eclipse:

> make: *** [all] Error 2    openFrameworks             C/C++ Problem
> make: *** [Release] Error 2    androidEmptyExample             C/C++ Problem
> make[1]: *** [Debug] Error 2    openFrameworks             C/C++ Problem
> make[1]: *** [Release] Error 2    androidEmptyExample             C/C++ Problem
> make[2]: *** [../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/android/obj/armv5/Release/libs/openFrameworks/3d/of3dPrimitives.o] Error 127    androidEmptyExample             C/C++ Problem
> make[2]: *** [../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/android/obj/armv5/Release/libs/openFrameworks/3d/of3dUtils.o] Error 127    androidEmptyExample             C/C++ Problem
> make[2]: *** [../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/android/obj/armv7/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/3d/of3dPrimitives.o] Error 127    openFrameworks             C/C++ Problem
> make[2]: *** [../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/android/obj/armv7/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/3d/of3dUtils.o] Error 127    openFrameworks             C/C++ Problem
> make[2]: *** wait: No children.  Stop.    androidEmptyExample             C/C++ Problem
> make[2]: *** wait: No children.  Stop.    openFrameworks             C/C++ Problem
> make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....    androidEmptyExample             C/C++ Problem
> make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....    openFrameworks             C/C++ Problem
> The project cannot be built until build path errors are resolved    androidEmptyExample        Unknown    Java Problem

my versions are:

JRE: 6
Android NDK: r8d
Android SDK: 4.3
Eclipse: Luna 4.4.0
MinGW: 0.6.2 beta
OF: 0.8.3_android_release
JDK: 1.8

I even tried with NDK r9b and NDK r10, and different java compiler versions in eclipse (1.7, 1.8, even 1.5) but no luck.
It also gets stuck at 59% for a long long time until it proceeds and produces the above errors.

Any suggestions please?

Edit: As suggested in the tutorial, at first I imported all the android examples but got even more errors, so I tried again and this time only imported the android empty example to get it to build, with no luck ofcourse.

I also noticed another person having similar problem in this thread, but no solutions.

After a few hours and some changes I’ve reduced the errors a little.
My current settings are now:

JDK : 7 update 65
JRE : 7
NDK : r10-64

and here are the errors (With only one example in my workspace, android3DModelLoaderExample) :

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
make: *** [all] Error 2    openFrameworks             C/C++ Problem
make[1]: *** [Debug] Error 2    openFrameworks             C/C++ Problem
make[2]: *** [../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/android/obj/armv7/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/3d/of3dPrimitives.o] Error 127    openFrameworks             C/C++ Problem
make[2]: *** [../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/android/obj/armv7/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/3d/of3dUtils.o] Error 127    openFrameworks             C/C++ Problem
make[2]: *** wait: No children.  Stop.    openFrameworks             C/C++ Problem
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....    openFrameworks             C/C++ Problem
Project 'android3DModelLoaderExample' is missing required source folder: 'gen'    android3DModelLoaderExample        Build path    Build Path Problem

The strange thing is that the openframeworks project compiles independently without any error, but when I try ‘build all’ then it along with the example both produce some errors!

Hii

I finally managed to compile and run it successfully. :sunny:
The problem was the ndk version, which was the 64 version. Although my Windows is 64, the version of ndk that finally worked was NDK 32 for the 32 target:

NDK version: android-ndk32-r10-windows-x86