[SOLVED]Linux Kinect 1473 on OF9

io there,
I have 2 kinects, one 1414 and a 1473.
the first one works like a charm but the second on is not working here is the log:

[verbose] ofxKinect: context inited
[verbose] ofxKinect: 1 device found
[verbose] ofxKinect: id: 0 serial: 0000000000000000
Could not open audio: -4
Failed to open motor subddevice or it is not disabled.Failed to open audio subdevice or it is not disabled.[ error ] ofxKinect: could not open device 0
[warning] ofxKinect: update(): device -1 isn’t delivering data, reconnecting tries: 1

I saw several problems with this version on OSX, is there a way to make it run on linux ?
thx for your help

ofxKinect (included in of v0.9.8) on Raspberry Pi 3b (Jessie, arm6)
Raspberry pi 2 + kinect

if I’m not mistaken you can solve this by commenting:

// #define BUILD_AUDIO

in the file:

Perfect thank you so much Dario !

Hi, there is a one more thing, the connection of a 1473 is very long it connects after 5 attempts and sometimes the connection fails.
Did i miss something ?

I’m not sure what I’m going to say,

under linux usually for USB devices that use the group “video” you must specify the idVendor its user and add to the group video.

you can try something like the group to add video to your untente:

useradd -G video user (change user with your username)

and to specify that the idVendor:

create this file in: /etc/udev/rules.d/66-kinect.rules
add this:

SYSFS{idVendor}==“045e”, SYSFS{idProduct}==“02ae”, MODE=“0660”,GROUP=“video”
SYSFS{idVendor}==“045e”, SYSFS{idProduct}==“02ad”, MODE=“0660”,GROUP=“video”
SYSFS{idVendor}==“045e”, SYSFS{idProduct}==“02b0”, MODE=“0660”,GROUP=“video”

I do not know if this can help …

Hi @sack, you posted this more than an year ago, but I’m wondering if you fixed the problem that you mentioned. I’m having a similar problem using Kinect on Raspberry Pi–the connection between Kinect and my OF app is very unstable and it’s hard to figure out why. The app sometime connects to the Kinect device and sometimes not.

Any information would be appreciated!

Hi, no I finaly use 2 kinect 1414.

@sack Got it! I’m also using 1414. I’ve been trying to run ofxKinect (ARM6 version of OFv0.9.8) on Raspberry Pi Jessie. I’m just running kinectExamples and the app is having problems connecting to the Kinect and getting the data. After a lot of attempts, it seems like my problem is somehow related to freenect version? My problem is described here: ofxKinect (included in of v0.9.8) on Raspberry Pi 3b (Jessie, arm6)

Could I ask you which version of OF you were using and what kind of Linux OS and hardware you used for the project? If you have any insights about the problem I’m having, please share with me.

Thank you!

Im having the same issue but this is not working for me