So many questions

I’m totally new to OpenFrameworks, and to tell the truth, I really have no clue what it’s capable of. So here are my questions, if someone could help me out, I’d really appreciate it.

1. What kind of format does my game need to be in so that it can be uploaded to the web where other people can play it? Are there any websites where people have uploaded games they made in OF?

2. What if I want my game to be playable on both the web and the iphone/ipad/itouch?

3. Is it possible to make a tile-based game that also incorporates 3d objects?

4. I don’t know how to properly explain it, but lets say I have all the tiles placed through arrays, and then I want them to be skewed to match the hero’s perspective. For example, if there was a tile with a flower on the ground far away, it would look smaller, and as the hero approached it, it got to its normal size. Is there a way to apply that kind of code to my entire game?

I know these are really newb-ish questions, but thanks so much in advance.

1. What kind of format does my game need to be in so that it can be uploaded to the web where other people can play it? Are there any websites where people have uploaded games they made in OF?
  1. What if I want my game to be playable on both the web and the iphone/ipad/itouch?

OF apps cannot run in the web

1. Is it possible to make a tile-based game that also incorporates 3d objects?

2. I don’t know how to properly explain it, but lets say I have all the tiles placed through arrays, and then I want them to be skewed to match the hero’s perspective. For example, if there was a tile with a flower on the ground far away, it would look smaller, and as the hero approached it, it got to its normal size. Is there a way to apply that kind of code to my entire game?

you can use ofCamera to setup the point of view and move it along with your character and all the 3d perspective will be done automatically.

Thanks so much! So I’m guessing I would have to upload the .exe somewhere for people to download it and play? Would it still work on i-devices?

OF is multiplatform so you can compile your application for windows, osx, linux iOS and android with some modifications per platform like screen size… but yes theoretically you could upload a windows .exe or an osx app and have an iOS version