Skeleton tracking without calibration (psi pose)

hello Sarah! I stuck on this ofxOpenNI TOO!! The compiler error is that:
ld: warning: directory not found for option ‘-L/Volumes/Macintosh HD 2/of_v0.9.0RC2_osx_release/apps/myApps/mySketch/bindata/openni/lib’
ld: library not found for -lXnDDK
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

But libXnDDK.dylib does exits in the /lib . I try running the scripts you mentioned but still, not work!! :persevere:
Hope you could help me find the solution :grinning:

hey ryan! are you using XCode? in your build settings / run scripts you should be able to add the library manually!
let me know if it worked!

• build phases -> “compile sources” and “link binary with libraries”

Hello again! It seems I’ve linked all the libs. I post a snapshot of the screen. Can you see the snapshot?Do I miss something?

hello ryan!
i’m afraid i can’t help you with this one… but if it’s a linker error my guess is that it can’t find the header files – (so in “build settings” -> “header search paths”, make sure it includes all of your project’s folders that contain header files (sometimes it helps to include the folder recursively)… good luck!
sarah

I’ll go for it , thx anyway!

Was there any progress on this issue?

I am having same issue right now…

hi! yes! i ended up using ofxNI2 (which i think uses NiTE 2 though my
memory is a bit foggy)
let me know if that works for you!

I ended up using streaming way. getting data from Synapse to Openframeworks http://www.nickgillian.com/wiki/pmwiki.php/GRT/OpenframeworksKinectExample

Are you using KinectV1?

I had ofxOpenNi from gameoverhack working so I forked it and updated the fork with my changes, you can find it here

It is functioning with OSX only, but with OF 0.9.0, I changed the folder structure to make it a bit easier for myself but it is far from perfect. The biggest pain is that it will not work with the project generator until I have some more time to dedicate to this, for the moment you can duplicate the example (far from elegant but it does work).

A quick note, this hardware is very old now as is the addon, We can’t expect every contributor to keep everything working for every OF and OS update. The new kinect, which will only do skeletons on windows works really well and there is a great addon from Elliot Woods to use it in OF, there is as yet no mac solution for getting the skeleton data, but it is really worth it if you can use windows.

I hope this helps someone out.