Setup QtCreator

Hello,
I am trying to set up of with QtCreator 3.6.1.
I followed the steps in http://openframeworks.cc/setup/qtcreator/
Am I supposed to see anything in “New Project”?

I am also new to Qbs, when I start with something qtcreator/openFrameworks.qbs I get this error:

:-1: error: Error when importing ‘C:/Users/Frans/VideoZuil2/of_v0.9.4_msys2_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/qtcreator/modules/of/helpers.js’: Error: loadExtension: cannot load extension ‘qbs.Environment’.

Any thoughts?

we updated OF recently you need to use now the latest qtcreator

You mean with of trunk, or the latest stable?

In the latest QtCreator it comes with this error:

C:\Users\Frans\VideoZuil2\of_v0.9.4_msys2_release\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\project\qtcreator\ofApp.qbs:33: error: error: Package cairo was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing cairo.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'cairo' found Package zlib was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containingzlib.pc’
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package ‘zlib’ found
Package glew was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing glew.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'glew' found Package openssl was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containingopenssl.pc’
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package ‘openssl’ found

i mean that openframeworks 0.9.4 is now compatible with qtcreator 4.1.0 the latest you can download from the qt website. we updated openframeworks only a couple of days ago and the setup guide is still not updated

have you run the install_dependencies script?

No, I haven’t done that, I will try to find it. Maybe it’s time to update the manual page.
How do I run the script? From Msys2?

I will first go back to developing my app on Ubuntu, where I am familiar with the compilers and everything is clear. When it works I will bother myself with Windows again. Thanks for your help! You are a great guy Arturo!

all that is explained in the setup guide: http://openframeworks.cc/setup/msys2/

Ok, I just followed the qtcreator setup guide, nothing like that was mentioned there…
I followed the guide for Ubuntu, and i can create a project now in QtCreator 4.10. But when it starts parsing the qbs file, I get 100% cpu load on one core and qtcreator starts eating the memory until the memory (16GB) is full.
Did you have this problem before?

mmh, no, i’ve just tested it and it works fine for me. do the examples that come with OF work fine or do they also crash like that?

No, the examples just work, but they use make, no qbs

but if you open the qbs project file in any of the examples?

it also goes bananas, just like the default of project

what version of ubuntu are you using?

when I just make a “Hello World” c++ project with QBS, it works so QBS is setup correctly.

I have just removed ~/.config/QtProject and it works now! Thanks for your effort in helping me.