I’m working on a project to generate images in python based on the viewer’s position found using a kinect in oF. I’ll transfer the coordinates from openFrameworks to python and send the corresponding image from python back to openFrameworks. So, looking at the specs for the sending the images:
- Right now 200x200 RGB images, although could go up to 1000x1000 RGB
- stored as pixels in python
- there’s a one to one mapping between coordinates and resulting image
- I want as high of a framerate as possible
Considering the above, the solutions I’ve looked into are:
- saving images locally and loading them with oF (this way image results could be cached)
Which solution would be best for my needs? Thanks!