Second Monitor Window Size Issue

Hello,

I am having an issue with Windows 7 resizing an Openframeworks windowed application on a second monitor to a size larger than the size of the primary monitor.

My setup has a primary monitor that is 1280 x 1024 and a secondary monitor that is 1920 x 1080. I am using AMD ATI Catalyst drivers.

In an Openframeworks program I can programatically set the window size and position on the second monitor to anything up to 1920 x 1080 and pretty much anywhere on the monitor. However, I cannot resize the window outside the program to anything larger than 1280 x 1024. Also, if I programatically set the window size larger than 1280 x 1024 and try and use the mouse to move the window it resizes back to 1280 x 1024.

Searching the forums I found this post from 2010 http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/2nd-monitor—ofgetwidth-±ofgetscreenwidth/4707/0 that looks like the same problem but I haven’t found any posted solution for either Openframeworks or Opengl.

I am using a programatic work around but wanted to know if anyone knows of a way the set it up so that I can use the mouse to move and resize the screen to a resolution larger than the primary monitor.

Thanks,

digitalhack