I am new to both xcode and openframeworks, and I am having a bear of a time getting ofxopenni to run. I cannot even get the example to work.
Here’s what I have done:
I have placed all the folders from github into a folder named “ofxOpenNI” in addons, and from that folder I have copied the “example” folder and placed it into the apps folder. However, when I run the example program it does not work. I have noticed that in xcode the file named openFrameworksLib.xcodeproj is red. This seems bad.
Could someone lay out the next steps that I must take in detail fit for an untrained monkey?
And please do not refer me to the following directions. They are absolutely confusing for someone unfamiliar with xcode and frameworks.
HOW TO SETUP YOUR APPLICATION
- In XCode, create a new group “ofxOpenNI”
- Draw these directories from ofxOpenNI into this new group: ofxOpenNI/src
- Add a search path to: …/…/…/addons/ofxOpenNI/include/
- Copy the “ofxOpenNI/mac/copy_to_data_path” to your bin/data directory of your application.
- Drag and drop the file: bin/data/openni/lib/libOpenNI.dylib into your project