Run ofxAudioAnalyzer in of_v0.11.2 MacOs 12.2.1

Has anyone managed to compile ofxAudioAnalyzer in of_v0.11.2 XCode 13.3.1, MacOs Monterrey?

I’m having issues with essentia, here is the error:

Showing Recent Issues
Undefined symbol: essentia::nameOfType(std::type_info const&)
Undefined symbol: essentia::loggerInstance
Undefined symbol: essentia::debugIndentLevel
Undefined symbol: essentia::Logger::debug(essentia::DebuggingModule, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&, bool)
Undefined symbol: essentia::Parameter::~Parameter()
Undefined symbol: essentia::EssentiaFactory<essentia::standard::Algorithm>::_instance
Undefined symbol: essentia::standard::Algorithm::output(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&)
Undefined symbol: essentia::init()
Undefined symbol: essentia::activatedDebugLevels
Undefined symbol: essentia::standard::Algorithm::input(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&)
Undefined symbol: essentia::ParameterMap::add(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&, essentia::Parameter const&)
Undefined symbol: essentia::standard::Algorithm::processingMode

quick thought, are you on an M1 Mac? maybe it’s that this library :

is probably intel only… if that’s the issue, maybe you can try this fix

(adding arm64 to excluded architecture)

Hi Zach,
Indeed, I’m working on M1. I might need to update libessentia.a

sure! if you do the fix above you can compile for intel (rosetta) only – in my experience I don’t see much performance degradation running intel apps on m1 and I’ve found it a quick way to get older addons up and running. Otherwise, I think compiling essentia (And any other libs) for m1 as well as intel would help fix linking errors.

BTW
I tried to compile it for Windows and has been hard. No success.
If someone gets success don´t hesitate to share your results.

I sometimes open a terminal in rosetta mode and then complie for x64 using make.

Thanks a lot! That fixed the complication :relieved: