RPI 3b + buster-full + OF 0.11.0

logs.cpp (37.3 KB)

Hello, I’ve been trying to get OF to work on the pi.
the errors first occurred when i updated some software, but i’ve since started from the beginning and done a fresh reinstall.
Upon installing and compiling packages i got many, almost repetitive warnings such as

ofNode.cpp:2:
/home/pi/openFrameworks/libs/glm/include/glm/./ext/…/detail/type_vec2.hpp:17:9: note: ‘glm::i32vec2’ {aka ‘struct glm::vec<2, int, (glm::qualifier)0>’} declared here
struct vec<2, T, Q>
^~~~~~~~~~~~
ype_vec4.hpp:17:9: note: ‘glm::u16vec4’ {aka ‘struct glm::vec<4, short unsigned int, (glm::qualifier)0>’} declared here
struct vec<4, T, Q>

It did compile, and I was also able to build the polygon example but when I try to run it I got

VER ID IS 10

using legacy build

[ error ] ofAppGLFWWindow: 65544: X11: The DISPLAY environment variable is missing

[ error ] ofAppGLFWWindow: couldn’t init GLFW

[ error ] ofAppGLFWWindow: 65537: The GLFW library is not initialized

Segmentation fault

make: *** [/home/pi/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:184: run] Error 139

I have re-flashed the memory card and repeated the installation process on the OF-website, but the same thing happens. I’ve also tried many of the suggestions in this forum but to no avail. examples no-longer build. the attached logs.cpp file contains some of the terminal errors/logs from a ‘make run’ attempt of the polygon example, if anyone needs to see them. can anyone shed any light on the matter? I would be very grateful. thanks, jack

OF 0.11 and Buster on RPI, welcome to a world of pain …

Following the procedure in the doc on an RPI4 with Desktop X it worked ok. I didn’t change the windowing stuff, still on EGL.

On a PI3 with OF 0.11 and Buster Lite did this and it works from the console (no Desktop)
Keep driver as ‘Legacy’ in raspi-config.

comment out:

USE_GLFW_WINDOW = 1 AND USE_PI_LEGACY = 0
in libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/linuxarmv6l/config.linuxarmv6l.default.mk

Then compile OF

Add:
PROJECT_LDFLAGS += -latomic

to config.make for each project to compile it.

thanks, Steely for your suggestions.

I haven’t tried this on the RPI4, perhaps i will in the future.

I also haven’t attempted to do this with the Lite version, this is because - and correct me if I’m wrong- some of the video, camcorder elements of the library won’t work within the lite version. i did try this in the past and ran into issues, and my project requires a camera etc, so…

I decided to go for an older version ( 2017-07-05-raspbian-jessie ) of RPI OS and older version of OF( wget https://openframeworks.cc/versions/v0.10.1/of_v0.10.1_linuxarmv6l_release.tar.gz
) , and everything compiles and runs perfectly. i just won’t be installing any updates, but, hey, i’ve got everything i need installed with OFX so why do i care! thanks OF