RPI 2 White Screen with different Sizes

Hey oF Community!

I’m encountering a strange problem with an oF app for RPI 2. If the size of my app window is too large it just displays a white screen, however with smaller sizes it displays everything correctly

in main.cpp if I change the line ofSetupOpenGL(1024, 768, OF_WINDOW);
to ofSetupOpenGL(1024/2, 768/2, OF_WINDOW); it goes from a white screen to displaying what it should display.

It’s also the case that if I change OF_WINDOW to OF_FULLSCREEN the app window is white again.

This does not happen with many apps, ie it does not happen with examples etc.

One other thing to note is that if I do a println() in draw, when it displays the white screen it prints very slowly ie 2 or 3 cycles per second whereas when it is displaying correctly but in the smaller size it prints very quickly ie at regular speed.

Any help with this?

Thanks

Update:

It’s worth noting that I’m using the rpi camera for the app with ofxCvPiCam and I think this has something to do with it.

Looking into it now.

Hey @Bentley - just to confirm, what version of oF are you using and how did you set it up?

I’m using 0.8.4 and I’m using the setup guide that you posted.

I think it had to do with the expanding the GPU mem, I set it to 256 and it seemed to fix the problem, however now I’m not getting the camera feed in.

Alright Problem solved, I just expanded the GPU memory in advanced options of raspi-config to 256.

Strange that I should need that much GPU memory but oh well!

Thanks bakercp!