[RESOLVED] Building openFrameworks halts without error

Hello,
I’ve been programming in oF for some time and thought it was time to start using it for Android development.
I’m following the tutorial at http://www.multigesture.net/articles/how-to-setup-openframeworks-for-android-on-windows/ and right now I’m trying to build oF for Android (#11 in the tutorial).
Building starts without a problem, but most of the time it stops at some .cpp-file after a while, for example ofEvent.cpp, ofAppRunner.cpp or ofFileUtils.cpp. There’s no error message in the console or in of/examples/android/.metadata/.log, building just doesn’t continue at some seemingly random file, while make.exe still uses about 30% of the CPU according to the Task Manager. I tried letting it build over night, but nothing changes even if I wait for 8 hours. I tried to clean the project before building, but to no avail.

On other occasions building reaches ofSerial.cpp, stops and throws some warnings:

../../../libs/openFrameworks/communication/ofSerial.cpp: In member function 'bool ofSerial::setup(std::string, int)':
../../../libs/openFrameworks/communication/ofSerial.cpp:458:1: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void [-Wreturn-type]
 }
 ^
../../../libs/openFrameworks/communication/ofSerial.cpp: In member function 'bool ofSerial::writeByte(unsigned char)':
../../../libs/openFrameworks/communication/ofSerial.cpp:543:16: warning: variable 'tmpByte' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
  unsigned char tmpByte[1];
                ^
../../../libs/openFrameworks/communication/ofSerial.cpp: In member function 'void ofSerial::flush(bool, bool)':
../../../libs/openFrameworks/communication/ofSerial.cpp:627:6: warning: unused variable 'flushType' [-Wunused-variable]
  int flushType = 0;
      ^
../../../libs/openFrameworks/communication/ofSerial.cpp: In member function 'int ofSerial::readBytes(unsigned char*, int)':
../../../libs/openFrameworks/communication/ofSerial.cpp:532:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
 }
 ^
../../../libs/openFrameworks/communication/ofSerial.cpp: In member function 'bool ofSerial::writeByte(unsigned char)':
../../../libs/openFrameworks/communication/ofSerial.cpp:578:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
 }
 ^

I’m using:

• Win8.1
  • the latest adt-bundle from Google
  • the latest stable branch of oF
  • apache-ant-1.9.4 (I’m not sure if I still need this. I read somewhere I don’t have to put it in paths.make anymore, but I left it in for now)
  • android-ndk-r9b (32bit, also tried 64bit and r10b-64bit)

I don’t know what to do. Does anybody have a clue what might be going on there? Is there anywhere else I can check for error messages so I have an idea what to google? ^^
Thanks a lot in advance,
Meht

OMG, it seems I just found the solution here: Openframeworks android relase compile hangs
For some reason I didn’t find this when I was checking the forum using search. In my desperation I started to scan through all the topics a couple of minutes ago and found the post. I will remember to do that before posting a new topic next time. -__-
Still - shouldn’t that information be in the tutorial? I just wasted three days on this. :-/

you can modify the setup guide yourself through github and send a PR. there’s really few people who maintain the android port, and none of us work on windows usually.