Render offscreen with different resolutions

Hi,

I am making a multi monitor installation. I want to make a offscreen render first with ofFbo and send the texture to a syphon client.

in the beginning of the sketch I was thinking to allocate a ofFbo

void beginSyphon(){  

// Clear with alpha, so we can capture via syphon and composite elsewhere should we want.  
      //  glClearColor(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0);  
        glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT);  

offscreenRender.allocate(7680,720,GL_RGBA);  
      //  offscreenRender.bind();  
        glEnable(offscreenRender.getTextureReference().texData.textureTarget);  

}  

I looked at the loadscreenData void in ofTexture. At the end of the draw function i’ve added this:

void  endSyphon(){  

ofSetColor(255, 255, 255);  

ofEnableAlphaBlending();  

glDisable(offscreenRender.getTextureReference().texData.textureTarget);  
       // offscreenRender.unbind();  

///  int screenHeight = ofGetViewportHeight(); // this call fails if we are in a different viewport or FBO: ofGetHeight();  
        int w = 7680;  
        int h = 720;  
        int x = 0;  
        int	y = 7680 - 0;  
        y -= 720; // top, bottom issues  
        offscreenRender.getTextureReference().texData.bFlipTexture = true;  

if ( w > offscreenRender.getTextureReference().texData.tex_w || h > offscreenRender.getTextureReference().texData.tex_h) {  
            ofLog(OF_LOG_ERROR,"image data too big for allocated texture. not uploading...");  
            return;  
        }  

//update our size with the new dimensions - this should be the same size or smaller than the allocated texture size  
        offscreenRender.getTextureReference().texData.width 	= w;  
        offscreenRender.getTextureReference().texData.height 	= h;  
        //texData.glType  = GL_RGB; // this was probably a bug, because you might be resetting the glType to something other than what the texture was created for  

//compute new tex co-ords based on the ratio of data's w, h to texture w,h;  
#ifndef TARGET_OPENGLES // DAMIAN  
        if (offscreenRender.getTextureReference().texData.textureTarget == GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_ARB){  
            offscreenRender.getTextureReference().texData.tex_t = (float)(w);  
            offscreenRender.getTextureReference().texData.tex_u = (float)(h);  
        } else  
#endif  
        {  
            offscreenRender.getTextureReference().texData.tex_t = (float)(w) / (float)offscreenRender.getTextureReference().texData.tex_w;  
            offscreenRender.getTextureReference().texData.tex_u = (float)(h) / (float)offscreenRender.getTextureReference().texData.tex_h;  
        }  

//  glBindTexture(offscreenRender.getTextureReference().texData.textureTarget, (GLuint)offscreenRender.getTextureReference().texData.textureID);  
      //  glCopyTexSubImage2D(offscreenRender.getTextureReference().texData.textureTarget, 0,0,0,x,y,w,h);  

mainOutputSyphonServer.publishTexture(&offscreenRender.getTextureReference());  

offscreenRender.getTextureReference().clear();  

//   individualTextureSyphonServer.publishTexture(&tex);  
    }  

};  

I’m using two 7 series ATI graphics card on a mac so it’s fast enough to do high resolutions. I’ve allready tried different variations, but I can’t get it working. I get a weird response on the screen and the framerate is still above 30 fps.