Recompile Poco For #import

Hello oF community.

I’m presently trying to use a 3rd party .dll using a #import command. To get this to work I need to take several steps.

The first one is to Disable the /MP compile flag as Multi-processor compiling doesn’t support #import statements (which makes total sense). I believe a better way to do this would be to make a precompiled header file and then compile that first with the #import in it but I’ll get to that later!

Once I do that I get problems with my comdef.h file which has some endefined macros in it. Specifically: FormatMessage. This was trange because this is a generated file but I tracked the issue down to poco. Poco has a file called unwindows.h which undefines a bunch of windows #defines including FormatMessage! In fact there is a very helpful comment within the unwindows.h file that even explains how to deal with this issue:

// To disable the #undef's, compile POCO with the POCO_NO_UNWINDOWS macro #define'd.

Amazing! What I don’t know how to do is easily recompile poco once I’ve set this flag. And furthermore I’m not exactly sure where the most responsible place to #define that flag is. I can obviously #define it right at the top of the unwindows.h file but I think it would be better put elsewhere (ie in Poco.h or something like that).

So what I’m looking for is the best way to recompile Poco!

Edit:

I’ve just realized that in 0.10.1 Poco dependency as been removed! I can now compile with the #import statement byt updating my project to 0.10.1 and using VS 2017.

Thanks,

JB