Real Time Virtual Reality

Hi I am a design student at Goldsmiths University in London, for my final year project I have been working on a real time virtual reality project utilising openFrameworks, the Xbox One Kinect and Oculus Rift. This project uses the Kinect attached to the Oculus to act as the eyes of the user scanning the environment to create a mesh using depth point cloud data which can then be textured on the fly and sent back to the headset. This is all powered by a desktop computer strapped to the users back and a suitcase with a huge leisure battery inside (rudimentary I know but I’m on a tight budget!) I’m now at the point where I want to get more people involved in the project as my oF knowledge is actually rather limited and wondered if anyone had any advice or is willing to get involved?

A video of the project in use can be found here: YouTube

And more video and photo documentation can be found on my website here: t0mr0bins0n.com

Thanks
Tom

Just want to say that the video is awesome. :astonished:

I can’t join your project but I’ve use Oculus and OF (via ofxOpenVR) for a while now. Happy to help answer questions if there are any.