Raspberry Pi HifiBerry & Openframeworks Sound

Hello!

I’ve got a working (meaning with aplay, shows up in alsamixer) installed one of these guys on a RASPBERRY PI 2 MODEL B at the moment: https://www.hifiberry.com/ampplus/. Sound quality is rather lovely just playing files and such… Now for the openFrameworks bit.

I’ve also got the majority of the oF sample program - can ‘make’ everything graphical, and can even make and run ‘audioOutputExample’ (which doesn’t use files, of course, but calculated audio). I can make soundPlayerExample, but when I run it I get the following error:

[ error ] ofOpenALSoundPlayer: sfReadFile(): couldn’t read “/home/pi/of_v0.8.4_linuxarmv7l_release/examples/sound/soundPlayerExample/bin/data/sounds/1085.mp3”
Floating point exception
…/…/…/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:168: recipe for target ‘run’ failed
make: *** [run] Error 136

Just wondering if anyone out there might have had a go with this configuration? Is there a particular set of audio hardwares that openFrameworks works with? Is there any way of ammending/changing ofSoundPlayer such that it is more sympatico with ‘weird’ soundcards on the Raspberry Pi?

Any help whatsoever would be wonderful… thanks! j

ah… FOUND IT - sorry…

just tried this BTW - Error running soundPlayerExample on the Pi

(didn’t have anything to do with the sound card, was just a Raspberry Pi / of 0.8.4 dependency issue)

<3

1 Like